|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 The Wilderness, Section 5 | Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 1 | Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The military leaders during the time of the civil war were often chosen due to __________.
(a) Demonstrated leadership.
(b) Battle prowess.
(c) Political influence.
(d) Military training.
2. Holmes' experiences during the war led him to believe that imposing one's beliefs would always lead to __________.
3. In April of 1864, an article was published in the __________ that made him rethink his exhaustion with the war.
(a) North American Review.
(b) Harvard Magazine.
(c) Atlantic Review.
(d) New Yorker.
4. Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. was a(n) _________.
5. Holmes sat on the Supreme Court for _______ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dominant political party during the time of the Civil War was ________.
2. Due to Henry James Sr.'s religious beliefs, his wife Mary Walsh had to resign her membership at the _________ church before their marriage.
3. Holmes joined the army because he felt that it was his duty to fight for what he believed. What was his first battle?
4. Henry James Sr. was born again during the _________.
5. The Battle of the Wilderness claimed 60,000 lives and was fought over the span of _________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)