|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 The Wilderness, Section 5 | Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 1 | Part 2, Chapter 4 The Man of Two Minds, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dominant political party during the time of the Civil War was ________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Whig Party.
(d) Independent Party
2. Henry James Sr. became involved with all of the following religious groups except _________.
(a) Scottish Baptists.
(b) Primitive Christians.
3. Henry Dana, Charles Sumner and Charles Adams wanted to use the governmental system to stop the spread of slavery. They were _________.
(c) Conscious Whigs.
4. Holmes was not present for the Battle of Fredericksburg and viewed it as _________.
(a) Proof of his convictions.
(b) A waste of humanity.
(d) A great success.
5. William James spent a great deal of time and energy on being indecisive, but he was able to use it to create the idea of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Battle of the Wilderness claimed 60,000 lives and was fought over the span of _________.
2. The Battle of the Wilderness was fought by generals Lee and ________.
3. During the Civil War _________ spent ninety days with the Newport Artillery, but then spent the rest of the war studying medicine at Harvard.
4. Henry James Sr. was born again during the _________.
5. The war had been compared to _________ and the Union soldiers rallied themselves around it.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)