Preface | Part 1, Chapter 1 Politics of Slavery, Section 1 | Part 1, Chapter 1 Politics of Slavery, Section 2
1. The dominant political party during the time of the Civil War was ________.
(a) Independent Party
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Whig Party.
2. The Civil War caused the beliefs of previous times to be __________.
3. ________ was an officer in the Union Army and was known to many as Captain for the rest of his life.
(a) Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
(b) William James.
(c) John Dewey.
(d) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
4. Holmes was wounded ______ times during the Civil War.
5. In the North, people were split between the Abolitionists and the _________.
(c) Pro-slavery faction.
6. Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. was a(n) _________.
Part 1, Chapter 1 Politics of Slavery, Section 3 | Part 1, Chapter 1 Politics of Slavery, Section 4 | Part 1, Chapter 2 The Abolitionist, Section 1
7. _________ had more spindles of cotton than all of the eleven states of the South put together.
8. Henry Dana, Charles Sumner and Charles Adams wanted to use the governmental system to stop the spread of slavery. They were _________.
(a) Conscious Whigs.
This section contains 3,986 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)