|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, The Fourth Image: The Fourth Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Chapter Three, the First Picture: The Apostle in the Waves", to whom did Ricci give the first picture?
(a) Cheng Dayue.
(b) Kim Suk.
(c) Kwok Sing.
(d) Dayue Cheng.
2. According to Ricci, which one of these is NOT a way in which memory palaces can be built?
(a) Drawn from a combination of reality that exists and from pure imagination and fiction.
(b) Drawn from reality that exists.
(c) Drawn from pure imagination and fiction
(d) Drawn from paintings in the emperor's palace.
3. Who were the "huihui of the cross" during the 16th century when Ricci was in China?
4. How long did Christopher Plantin take to write his Bible, the pinnacle of the Counter-Reformation, in the 16th century?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
5. What did Ignatius encourage the Jesuits to publish when they published their first books in the 16th century?
(a) Writings of the Jesuits.
(b) Only religious works.
(c) Greek works.
(d) Latin works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the meanings of the split idiographs of "wu"?
2. Who was arrested, beaten and imprisoned for trying to make money by keeping tribute given to the guards at the Xiangshan border during the 16th century when Ricci was in China??
3. According to "Chapter One: Building the Palace", to what religious order did Matteo Ricci belong?
4. When Ricci became a missionary in China during the 16th century, who was the scholar from Shanghai that converted to Christianity?
5. In the 16th century who was Gian Pietro Maffei?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)