Chapter One, Building the Palace
1. According to "Chapter One: Building the Palace", to what religious order did Matteo Ricci belong?
(a) The Franciscans.
(b) The Benedictines.
(c) The Jesuits.
(d) The Masons.
2. What did Matteo Ricci teach the Chinese people?
(a) How to speak English.
(b) How to build a memory palace.
(c) How to read the Bible.
(d) How to build better villages.
3. According to Ricci, how is the size of the memory palace determined?
(a) By the number of times the people receive the sacraments.
(b) By the amount of money the people give to the church.
(c) By how much the people wish to remember.
(d) By the number of good works the people perform.
4. Where are the memory palaces that Ricci creates to be built?
(a) In the children's homes.
(b) In the people's towns.
(c) In the people's minds.
(d) In the children's hospitals.
5. According to Ricci, which one of these is NOT a way in which memory palaces can be built?
(a) Drawn from a combination of reality that exists and from pure imagination and fiction.
(b) Drawn from reality that exists.
(c) Drawn from pure imagination and fiction
(d) Drawn from paintings in the emperor's palace.
This section contains 6,748 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)