|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about DNA allows it to split and replicate?
(a) Its size.
(b) Its shape.
(c) Its strength.
(d) Its innate energy.
2. What is the most probable state for an arrangement of molecules in a system?
(a) Constantly and randomly movement.
(b) In an arc.
(c) In an organized line.
(d) In a jumble.
3. Norbert Weiner developed a theory that had implications for the understanding of what system of the human body which might be thought of as a system of switches and signals.
(a) The nervous system.
(b) The circulatory system.
(c) The artillery system.
(d) The respiratory system.
4. What can a computable number be compressed into?
(a) 0s and 1s.
(b) A standard calculation.
(c) A byte.
(d) An algorithm.
5. What time of memory is most limited?
(a) Repressed memory.
(b) Short term memory.
(c) Childhood memory.
(d) Long term memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Internet store memes?
2. Schrodinger and others theorized that genes had what role in life?
3. Why are people able to recall the name of a tune?
4. Who suggested that the meaning of the word "entropy" mean the opposite of what it was originally, to describe the part of energy which was available to be converted into work?
5. How are memes replicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What estimates did Seth Lloyd, a quantum engineer at MIT, make about the power of the universe?
2. What was Erwin Schrodinger's theory about "genes"?
3. What was Claude Shannon referring to by the term "entropy" and what was its importance?
4. What are "memes" as first proposed by Richard Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene"?
5. When was the existence of DNA discovered and by whom?
6. What is the relationship between man and his memes?
7. What was zoologist's Richard Dawkins' theory on DNA?
8. How did Erwin Schrodinger used the concept of "entropy"?
9. What was the "Library of Babel" that was described in a story by Jorge Luis Borges?
10. What are examples of memes?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)