1. Who was Benjamin Franklin?
An American diplomat, politician, writer, and inventor.
2. Who was Oliver Wendell Holmes?
3. Why did Oliver Wendell Holmes choose to travel to Paris in the 1830s?
To further his education.
4. What was James Fenimore Cooper's most well known novel prior to his travels to Paris?
The Last of the Mohicans.
5. What is the Sorbonne?
A highly respected Paris university.
6. Why did Samuel Morse wish to go to Paris in the 1830s?
This section contains 4,350 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)