|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The Farragut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Americans find unexpectedly good on their journey to Paris after leaving the ships?
(a) The food.
(b) The roads.
(c) The accomadations.
(d) The vehicles.
2. What profession was Elizabeth Blackwell a member of?
3. What American building did Pierre-Charles L'Enfant design?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) Mount Vernon.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) The White House.
4. When Morse was twenty-eight, who commissioned him for a portrait?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(d) James Monroe.
5. What religion did Gussie Saint-Gaudens' parents assume her new husband was based on the nationality of his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Did the political catastrophes of 1870-71 stop the influx of Americans to Paris?
2. Who was Louis Saint-Gaudens?
3. For what reason did Healy travel to Germany in 1876?
4. For what reason did Mason Warren return to Paris three times in his life after his initial student days?
5. What experience did Washburne have before being sent to Paris?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)