|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The Farragut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people did John Collins Warren offer his son upon his journey to Paris?
(a) To embrace those with similar tastes.
(b) To embrace those of a serious mind like his own.
(c) To avoid those fond of theaters and dissipation.
(d) To avoid those who did not attend church regularly.
2. What was Charles Stratton's stage name?
(a) Tom Thumb.
(b) Andre the Giant.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) The Rock.
3. For what reason did George Healy return to America after eight years in 1842?
(a) To paint John Quincy Adams.
(b) To paint a copy of Gilbert Stuart's portrait of Washington.
(c) To paint Andrew Jackson.
(d) To visit his parents.
4. Who was Mark Twain?
(a) American actor.
(b) American writer.
(c) French actor.
(d) French writer.
5. On what committee did Washburne serve as chairman?
(a) Committee on Appropriations.
(b) Committee on Commerce.
(c) Committee on Finance.
(d) Committee on Foreign Affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medium did Saint-Gaudens use to create the initial image of Farragut for the memorial?
2. Who did Mrs. Willard have a visit with upon arriving in Paris?
3. What household pet was very popular among the French in 1830?
4. Who seized more than a hundred cannon and fortified themselves on the heights of Montmartre?
5. Why did Elizabeth Blackwell go to Paris?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)