|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
2. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
3. What was Hannibal the first to do in the Alps?
4. How many times did Hannibal marry?
5. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Romans turn to?
2. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
3. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
4. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
5. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
6. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
7. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
8. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
9. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
10. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that religion and sacrifice had for the Romans and Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)