|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
2. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
3. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
4. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
5. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
2. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
3. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
4. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
5. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
6. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
7. What did Hannibal begin doing?
8. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
9. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
10. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the background of Publius Scipio, and compare him to Roman military leaders who proceeded him.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)