|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
2. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
3. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
4. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
5. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
2. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
3. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
4. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
5. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
6. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
7. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
8. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
9. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
10. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the cities of Rome and Carthage, examining their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Aristotle's conclusions regarding the Carthaginian government.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)