|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
2. How did Hannibal gain the support of the Gauls?
3. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
4. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
5. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
2. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
3. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
4. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
5. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
6. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
7. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
8. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
9. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
10. What did the Romans turn to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Second Punic War and the statement that it was the "first world war in the history of humankind."
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)