|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
2. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
3. How did Hannibal learn what he knew about the Roman army?
4. How did the Romans signal their incoming battle?
5. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hasdrubal Barca and Hannibal, and compare and contrast their strategies.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Second Punic War and the statement that it was the "first world war in the history of humankind."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of Polybius of Megalopolis and Titius Livius in recounting the history of the Battle of Cannae.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)