|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
2. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
3. Why did the Battle at Cannae have to come quickly?
4. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
5. What was Hannibal willing to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
2. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
3. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
4. What did Hannibal begin doing?
5. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
6. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
7. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
8. What did the Romans turn to?
9. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
10. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of Polybius of Megalopolis and Titius Livius in recounting the history of the Battle of Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the three assembled bodies in Rome, and discuss how they governed and influenced war.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that Fabius and Minucius had on the leadership of Roman troops.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)