|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
2. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
3. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
4. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
5. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal begin doing?
2. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
3. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
4. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
5. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
6. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
7. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
8. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
9. What did the Romans turn to?
10. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the three assembled bodies in Rome, and discuss how they governed and influenced war.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Second Punic War and the statement that it was the "first world war in the history of humankind."
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)