|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
2. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
3. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
4. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
5. How did the Romans signal their incoming battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
2. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
3. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
4. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
5. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
6. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
7. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
8. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Aristotle's conclusions regarding the Carthaginian government.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's comparison between Hannibal and Hitler and Carthage to Britain.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)