|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
2. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
3. Why did Roman horsemen dismount during the battle?
4. What was Hannibal willing to take?
5. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
2. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
3. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
4. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
5. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
6. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
7. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
8. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
9. What did the Romans turn to?
10. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of Polybius of Megalopolis and Titius Livius in recounting the history of the Battle of Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that the senate played in Scipio's leadership and directives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)