|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
2. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
3. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
4. What does the author say is speculation?
5. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
2. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
3. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
4. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
5. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
6. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
7. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
8. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
9. What did Hannibal begin doing?
10. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)