|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hannibal learn what he knew about the Roman army?
2. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
3. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
4. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
5. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
2. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
3. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
4. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
5. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
6. What did Hannibal begin doing?
7. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
8. What did the Romans turn to?
9. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
10. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Aristotle's conclusions regarding the Carthaginian government.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hannibal's background and leadership and compare his strategies to that of Alexander the Great.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)