|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
2. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
3. When did the tide of the war start to turn for the Romans according to "Cannae"?
4. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
5. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
2. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
3. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
4. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
5. What did Hannibal begin doing?
6. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
7. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
8. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
9. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
10. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of Polybius of Megalopolis and Titius Livius in recounting the history of the Battle of Cannae.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)