|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
2. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
3. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
4. How many times did Hannibal marry?
5. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
2. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
3. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
4. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
5. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
6. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
7. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
8. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
9. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
10. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)