|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
2. How many soldiers survived with Varro?
3. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
4. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
5. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
2. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
3. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
4. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
5. What did the Romans turn to?
6. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
7. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
8. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
9. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
10. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the three assembled bodies in Rome, and discuss how they governed and influenced war.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)