|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
2. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
3. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
4. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
5. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Romans turn to?
2. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
3. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
4. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
5. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
6. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
7. What did Hannibal begin doing?
8. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
9. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
10. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)