|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is speculation?
2. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
3. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
4. What was the Roman tradition when two armies came to fight together?
5. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
2. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
3. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
4. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
5. What did the Romans turn to?
6. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
7. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
8. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
9. What did Hannibal begin doing?
10. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Aristotle's conclusions regarding the Carthaginian government.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the background of Publius Scipio, and compare him to Roman military leaders who proceeded him.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)