|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
2. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
3. When did snow close the passes in the Alps?
4. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
5. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
2. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
3. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
4. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
7. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
8. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
9. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
10. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Second Punic War and the statement that it was the "first world war in the history of humankind."
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hannibal's background and leadership and compare his strategies to that of Alexander the Great.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)