|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Roman tradition when two armies came to fight together?
2. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
3. How did Hannibal gain the support of the Gauls?
4. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
5. What was Hannibal willing to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
2. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
3. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
4. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
5. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
6. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
7. What did the Romans turn to?
8. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What did Hannibal begin doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the three assembled bodies in Rome, and discuss how they governed and influenced war.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Aristotle's conclusions regarding the Carthaginian government.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)