|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
2. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
3. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
4. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
5. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
2. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
3. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
4. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
5. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
6. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
7. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
8. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
9. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
10. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the senate played in Scipio's leadership and directives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)