|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hannibal gain the support of the Gauls?
2. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
3. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
4. Why were the Roman soldiers reluctant to destroy crops?
5. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
2. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
3. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
4. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
5. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
6. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
7. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
8. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
9. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
10. What did the Romans turn to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that Fabius and Minucius had on the leadership of Roman troops.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)