|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is speculation?
2. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
3. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
4. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
5. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
2. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
3. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
4. What did the Romans turn to?
5. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
6. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
7. What did Hannibal begin doing?
8. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
9. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
10. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hasdrubal Barca and Hannibal, and compare and contrast their strategies.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)