|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
2. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
3. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
4. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
5. What was Hannibal's army formation like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
2. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
3. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
4. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
5. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
6. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
7. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
8. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
9. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
10. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that the senate played in Scipio's leadership and directives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Second Punic War and the statement that it was the "first world war in the history of humankind."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)