|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
2. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
3. What does the author say is speculation?
4. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
5. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
2. What did the Romans turn to?
3. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
4. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
5. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
6. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
7. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
8. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
9. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
10. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hasdrubal Barca and Hannibal, and compare and contrast their strategies.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that Fabius and Minucius had on the leadership of Roman troops.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)