|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
2. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
3. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
4. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
5. What was the Roman tradition when two armies came to fight together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
2. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
3. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
4. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
7. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
8. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
9. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
10. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the background of Publius Scipio, and compare him to Roman military leaders who proceeded him.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact that Fabius and Minucius had on the leadership of Roman troops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)