|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert O'Connell describe the Punic War to?
2. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
3. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
4. Who settled Carthage?
5. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Polybius access to research material?
2. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
3. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
4. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
5. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
6. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
7. Who was Titius Livius?
8. What were the three assembled bodies?
9. How did religion come into play?
10. Who was Fabius Pictor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hasdrubal Barca and Hannibal, and compare and contrast their strategies.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hannibal's background and leadership and compare his strategies to that of Alexander the Great.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)