Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
2. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
3. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
4. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
5. What did Carthage focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal's army do during the winter according to Livy?
2. What was Scipio's goal?
3. What was Hasdrubal Barca's problem?
4. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. Who was Titius Livius?
7. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
8. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
9. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
10. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the cities of Rome and Carthage, examining their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that religion and sacrifice had for the Romans and Carthaginians.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)