|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was there little of in Carthage?
2. How many books by Titus Livius survive today?
3. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
4. When was Carthage settled?
5. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Polybius access to research material?
2. What was Carthage's reputation?
3. Who was Fabius Pictor?
4. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
5. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
6. How did some rise in military ranks?
7. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
8. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
9. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
10. Who was Titius Livius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the three assembled bodies in Rome, and discuss how they governed and influenced war.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of the Roman legion and its structure.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)