|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
2. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
3. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
4. What did the Romans do after something failed?
5. Why did ancient historians make their work entertaining and dramatic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
2. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
3. Who was Philip and what did he do?
4. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
5. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
6. Why did some Romans defect?
7. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
8. What did the ghost of Cannae do to rally?
9. What happened with Hannibal after Cannae according to Chapter 7?
10. What gift did Scipio receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of Polybius of Megalopolis and Titius Livius in recounting the history of the Battle of Cannae.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hannibal's background and leadership and compare his strategies to that of Alexander the Great.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)