Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
2. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
3. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
4. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
5. What did Carthage focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal's army do during the winter according to Livy?
2. What was Scipio's goal?
3. What was Hasdrubal Barca's problem?
4. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. Who was Titius Livius?
7. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
8. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
9. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
10. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
Discuss Hannibal's background and leadership and compare his strategies to that of Alexander the Great.
Discuss the background of Publius Scipio, and compare him to Roman military leaders who proceeded him.
Discuss what we can learn from battles like the Battle at Cannae.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)