|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tablet Polybius studied tell the story of?
2. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
3. What was Polybius of Megalopolis' goal?
4. What was the first sign of an invasion at Cannae according to Chapter 2?
5. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
2. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
3. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
4. What thrived in Carthage?
5. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
6. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
7. What gave Polybius access to research material?
8. What were the three assembled bodies?
9. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
10. How did religion come into play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact that Fabius and Minucius had on the leadership of Roman troops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)