|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
2. How many books did Titus Livius write?
3. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
4. What were gladiators originally meant for?
5. What did Carthage focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Fabius Pictor?
2. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
3. What were the three assembled bodies?
4. How did religion come into play?
5. Who was Titius Livius?
6. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
7. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
8. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
9. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
10. What gave Polybius access to research material?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the three assembled bodies in Rome, and discuss how they governed and influenced war.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the cities of Rome and Carthage, examining their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)