|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Carthage settled?
2. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
3. What did the military tribune do to the Roman soldiers for the first time in history?
4. How did Hannibal know of the Roman army according to "Carthage"?
5. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
2. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
3. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
4. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
5. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
6. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
7. What did the Romans find when trying to take Syracuse?
8. What were the three assembled bodies?
9. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
10. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
Essay Topic 3
Compare O'Connell's book on Cannae with that of another historian and compare/contrast their style, their conclusions, and the factual information in the book.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)