|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common Roman tactic to overpower their enemies?
2. How did Carthage deal with failure?
3. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
4. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
5. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did some rise in military ranks?
2. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
3. How did religion come into play?
4. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
5. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
6. What gave Polybius access to research material?
7. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
8. What were the three assembled bodies?
9. Who was Fabius Pictor?
10. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hannibal's use of spies and conclusions made by historians.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of infanticide and how people viewed Carthaginians.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of Polybius of Megalopolis and Titius Livius in recounting the history of the Battle of Cannae.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)