|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
2. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
3. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
4. What did the military tribune do to the Roman soldiers for the first time in history?
5. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Fabius Pictor?
2. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
3. What thrived in Carthage?
4. How did religion come into play?
5. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
6. What was Carthage's reputation?
7. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
8. What were the three assembled bodies?
9. How did some rise in military ranks?
10. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's comparison between Hannibal and Hitler and Carthage to Britain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Second Punic War and the statement that it was the "first world war in the history of humankind."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hasdrubal Barca and Hannibal, and compare and contrast their strategies.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)