|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
2. How did Hannibal know of the Roman army according to "Carthage"?
3. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
4. When was Carthage settled?
5. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
2. Who was Titius Livius?
3. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
4. What thrived in Carthage?
5. How did some rise in military ranks?
6. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
7. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
8. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
9. What was Carthage's reputation?
10. How did religion come into play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ghosts of Cannae and their struggles after the battle.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of hedonism and how it affected the troops.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the importance of allies for both the Romans and the Carthaginians.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)