|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
2. What did he tell the slaves the winner of the fight to the death would earn?
(a) A quick death.
(b) The honor to fight for Hannibal.
(c) Freedom, arms and a fast horse.
3. What was Hannibal's army formation like?
(a) A backward letter "C".
(b) A backward letter "P".
(c) A backward letter "B".
(d) A backward letter "L".
4. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
(a) Avoided confronting Hannibal.
(b) Detaching a small unit to arrest Hannibal.
(c) Tried to crush Hannibal.
(d) Asked for more and more reinforcement.
5. How many times did Hannibal marry?
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
2. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
3. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
4. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
5. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
2. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
3. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
4. What did Hannibal begin doing?
5. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
6. What did the Romans turn to?
7. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
8. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
9. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
10. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)