|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
(a) Round up horsemen.
(b) Round up soldiers.
(c) Round up women.
(d) Round up spearmen.
2. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(c) The Chinese emperor.
(d) Alexander the Great.
3. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
(a) April or May.
(b) May or June.
(c) June or July.
(d) July or August.
4. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
5. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
(a) Sight in one eye.
(b) An arm.
(c) A finger.
(d) A leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
2. Why were some of the Roman soldiers left behind?
3. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
4. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
5. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal begin doing?
2. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
3. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
4. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
7. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
8. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
9. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
10. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)