|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
2. How many horsemen did Hannibal's army have?
(a) One for every 12 foot soldiers.
(b) One for every 15 foot soldiers.
(c) One for every 13 foot soldiers.
(d) One for every 4 foot soldiers.
3. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
(c) A weaponsmith.
(d) Grain storage and supply dump.
4. What was Hannibal willing to take?
5. When were the soldiers that survived Cannae allowed to return from exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
2. How did Hannibal gain the support of the Gauls?
3. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
4. What did Hannibal count on to toughen and train his troops?
5. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
2. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
3. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
4. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
5. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
6. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
7. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
8. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
9. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
10. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)