|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Romans signal their incoming battle?
(a) The horses were prepared.
(b) A tunic flew above Varro's tent.
(c) The solders were chanting.
(d) Horns were blowing.
2. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
(a) The first world war of history.
(b) The first African war.
(c) The last good war of Rome.
(d) The longest war of Italy.
3. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
(a) They were tired.
(b) They were turning against themselves.
(c) They were weak.
(d) They were hungry.
4. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
5. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
(a) Mid Movember.
(b) Mid September.
(c) Mid October.
(d) Mid December.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
2. When were the soldiers that survived Cannae allowed to return from exile?
3. How many times did Hannibal marry?
4. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
5. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)