|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
(a) Force them out as it was sunny.
(b) Force them out during a torrential rain.
(c) Force them out before breakfast.
(d) Force them out at night.
2. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
(a) That he would probably be defeated.
(b) That his army was invincible.
(c) That his defeat didn't lie on the battlefield.
(d) That his brothers were the weak link.
3. How did the Romans signal their incoming battle?
(a) Horns were blowing.
(b) The solders were chanting.
(c) A tunic flew above Varro's tent.
(d) The horses were prepared.
4. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
(a) The dampness of the ground.
(b) The cold.
(c) Their slow elephant.
(d) The heat.
5. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
(b) Gaullus II.
(c) Marcus Aurelius.
(d) Allobroge .
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
2. Why did Roman horsemen dismount during the battle?
3. What does the author say is speculation?
4. How did Hannibal learn what he knew about the Roman army?
5. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)