|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Roman horsemen dismount during the battle?
(a) Their general was injured.
(b) They switch side.
(c) They were ordred to do so to avoid going to much ahead of the ground force.
(d) They wanted to fight dismounted.
2. What did Hannibal know about the Roman army?
(a) Their strength and weaknesses.
(b) Their weakest men.
(c) Their commanders.
(d) Their equipment.
3. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
(a) He didn't know how to read.
(b) He did not eat meat.
(c) He buried his dead enemies.
(d) He never killed a prisoner.
4. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
5. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
(b) Be without mercy.
(c) Take slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
2. What was Hannibal willing to take?
3. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
4. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
5. How did Hannibal learn what he knew about the Roman army?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)