|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Hannibal marry?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
2. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
(a) July or August.
(b) May or June.
(c) April or May.
(d) June or July.
3. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
(a) Force them out during a torrential rain.
(b) Force them out as it was sunny.
(c) Force them out before breakfast.
(d) Force them out at night.
4. What was Hannibal the first to do in the Alps?
(a) Cross it with an organized army.
(b) Survive winter.
(c) Raise an army.
(d) Climb above 8000 feet.
5. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
2. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
3. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
4. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
5. What did he tell the slaves the winner of the fight to the death would earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
2. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
3. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
4. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
5. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
6. What did Hannibal begin doing?
7. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
8. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
9. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
10. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)