|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Hannibal marry?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
2. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
(a) The last good war of Rome.
(b) The first world war of history.
(c) The first African war.
(d) The longest war of Italy.
3. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
4. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
(a) Gaullus II.
(b) Marcus Aurelius.
(c) Allobroge .
5. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
(a) From Gaul to Italy.
(b) From Gaul.
(c) From Spain to Africa.
(d) From Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hannibal gain the support of the Gauls?
2. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
3. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
4. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
5. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
2. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
3. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
4. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
5. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
6. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
7. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
8. What did Hannibal begin doing?
9. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
10. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)