|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
2. When did snow close the passes in the Alps?
(a) Mid November.
(b) Mid October.
(c) Mid December.
(d) Mid September.
3. Why did the Battle at Cannae have to come quickly?
(a) Both side were tired.
(b) Both sides were low on food.
(c) Both side wanted to crush the other.
(d) Both sides were eager.
4. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
(a) A double envelopment.
(b) An attack from the side.
(c) An attack from behind.
(d) An envelopment .
5. When did the tide of the war start to turn for the Romans according to "Cannae"?
(a) 216 B.C.
(b) 206 B.C.
(c) 236 B.C.
(d) 226 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
2. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
3. What did Hannibal know about the Roman army?
4. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
5. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)