|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
(a) Mid September.
(b) Mid December.
(c) Mid October.
(d) Mid Movember.
2. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
3. What was the Roman tradition when two armies came to fight together?
(a) The commander with the most experience took over.
(b) Each commander was commanding every other day.
(c) The oldest commander took over.
(d) The youngest commander took over.
4. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
5. What was Hannibal willing to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hannibal avoid Publius Scipio's army?
2. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
3. Why were the Roman soldiers reluctant to destroy crops?
4. Why were some of the Roman soldiers left behind?
5. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
2. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
3. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
4. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
5. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
6. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
7. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
8. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
9. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
10. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)