|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
(a) Round up soldiers.
(b) Round up spearmen.
(c) Round up horsemen.
(d) Round up women.
2. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
(a) From Gaul.
(b) From Africa.
(c) From Gaul to Italy.
(d) From Spain to Africa.
3. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
(a) Mid December.
(b) Mid Movember.
(c) Mid September.
(d) Mid October.
4. What did Hannibal count on to toughen and train his troops?
(a) A severe training program.
(b) Battling small tribes on the way to Italy.
(c) The tough terrain on the way to Italy.
(d) Games during the trip to Italy.
5. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
(a) Avoided confronting Hannibal.
(b) Asked for more and more reinforcement.
(c) Tried to crush Hannibal.
(d) Detaching a small unit to arrest Hannibal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
2. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
3. How many horsemen did Hannibal's army have?
4. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
5. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
2. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
3. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
4. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
5. What did the Romans turn to?
6. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
7. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
8. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)