|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Venetians.
2. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) The Chinese emperor.
(d) Alexander the Great.
3. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
(a) Avoided confronting Hannibal.
(b) Asked for more and more reinforcement.
(c) Detaching a small unit to arrest Hannibal.
(d) Tried to crush Hannibal.
4. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
(a) July or August.
(b) May or June.
(c) June or July.
(d) April or May.
5. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
(a) Round up women.
(b) Round up horsemen.
(c) Round up soldiers.
(d) Round up spearmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is speculation?
2. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
3. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
4. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
5. How many horsemen did Hannibal's army have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
2. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
3. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
4. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
5. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
6. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
7. What did Hannibal begin doing?
8. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
9. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
10. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)