|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The Chinese emperor.
(d) Alexander the Great.
2. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
(a) If they would fight against each other.
(b) If they would fight one after the other.
(c) If one would be in reserve.
(d) If they fight as one or separately.
3. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
(a) Round up spearmen.
(b) Round up horsemen.
(c) Round up soldiers.
(d) Round up women.
4. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
5. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
(a) A training program.
(b) 5 small cities.
(c) A rigid chain of command.
(d) An inner group of advisors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horsemen did Hannibal's army have?
2. What did Hannibal know about the Roman army?
3. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
4. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
5. Why did the Battle at Cannae have to come quickly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
2. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
3. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
4. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
5. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
6. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
7. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
8. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
9. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
10. What did Hannibal begin doing?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)