|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
(a) That he would probably be defeated.
(b) That his defeat didn't lie on the battlefield.
(c) That his brothers were the weak link.
(d) That his army was invincible.
2. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
3. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
(a) An envelopment .
(b) An attack from the side.
(c) An attack from behind.
(d) A double envelopment.
4. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
(a) 222 B.C.
(b) 212 B.C.
(c) 232 B.C.
(d) 202 B.C.
5. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
(a) The Celts.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
2. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
3. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
4. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
5. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Romans turn to?
2. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
3. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
4. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
5. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
6. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
7. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
8. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)