|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
(a) That his brothers were the weak link.
(b) That his defeat didn't lie on the battlefield.
(c) That he would probably be defeated.
(d) That his army was invincible.
2. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
3. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
(a) Where he crossed the Alps.
(b) If Hannibal's family followed him.
(c) What clothes his army was wearing.
(d) How he fed elephants.
4. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
(a) If they fight as one or separately.
(b) If they would fight against each other.
(c) If they would fight one after the other.
(d) If one would be in reserve.
5. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
(a) He was the son of a peasant.
(b) He was of Roman descent.
(c) He was not rich.
(d) He was not very religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hannibal learn what he knew about the Roman army?
2. Why were some of the Roman soldiers left behind?
3. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
4. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
5. What did Hannibal count on to toughen and train his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
2. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
3. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
4. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
5. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
6. What did the Romans turn to?
7. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
8. What did Hannibal begin doing?
9. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
10. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)