|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
(a) A clever man.
(b) A good man.
(c) A monster.
(d) A butcher.
2. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Celts.
3. Why did Roman horsemen dismount during the battle?
(a) They were ordred to do so to avoid going to much ahead of the ground force.
(b) They switch side.
(c) They wanted to fight dismounted.
(d) Their general was injured.
4. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
(a) He was not very religious.
(b) He was the son of a peasant.
(c) He was not rich.
(d) He was of Roman descent.
5. When did the tide of the war start to turn for the Romans according to "Cannae"?
(a) 226 B.C.
(b) 206 B.C.
(c) 236 B.C.
(d) 216 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did snow close the passes in the Alps?
2. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
3. What did Hannibal count on to toughen and train his troops?
4. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
5. How many soldiers survived with Varro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
2. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
3. What did Hannibal begin doing?
4. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
5. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
6. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
7. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
8. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
9. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
10. What did the Romans turn to?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)