|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
2. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
(a) They were tired.
(b) They were weak.
(c) They were turning against themselves.
(d) They were hungry.
3. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
(a) What clothes his army was wearing.
(b) If Hannibal's family followed him.
(c) How he fed elephants.
(d) Where he crossed the Alps.
4. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
(a) Round up women.
(b) Round up spearmen.
(c) Round up horsemen.
(d) Round up soldiers.
5. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
(a) In Gaul.
(b) In Spain.
(c) In Africa.
(d) In Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
2. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
3. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
4. Why did the Battle at Cannae have to come quickly?
5. What did Hannibal count on to toughen and train his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
2. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
3. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
4. What did Hannibal begin doing?
5. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
6. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
7. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
8. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
9. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
10. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)