|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
(a) They were weak.
(b) They were hungry.
(c) They were turning against themselves.
(d) They were tired.
2. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
(a) What clothes his army was wearing.
(b) How he fed elephants.
(c) If Hannibal's family followed him.
(d) Where he crossed the Alps.
3. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) The Chinese emperor.
(d) Genghis Khan.
4. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
(a) The last good war of Rome.
(b) The first African war.
(c) The longest war of Italy.
(d) The first world war of history.
5. How did Hannibal learn what he knew about the Roman army?
(a) By capturing Romans.
(b) Reading Roman publications.
(c) By studying previous engagements.
(d) Nobody knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the soldiers that survived Cannae allowed to return from exile?
2. What did he tell the slaves the winner of the fight to the death would earn?
3. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
4. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
5. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
2. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
3. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
4. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
5. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
6. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
7. What did the Romans turn to?
8. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)