|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Romans able to defeat Carthage?
(a) By amassing a larger army.
(b) By ignoring what their training told them.
(c) By learning to fight like Hannibal.
(d) By learning to fight like Greeks.
2. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
3. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
(a) A weaponsmith.
(d) Grain storage and supply dump.
4. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
(a) If they fight as one or separately.
(b) If they would fight against each other.
(c) If they would fight one after the other.
(d) If one would be in reserve.
5. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
(a) A monster.
(b) A good man.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A clever man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
2. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
3. How many horsemen did Hannibal's army have?
4. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
5. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
2. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
3. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
4. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
5. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
6. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
7. What did Hannibal begin doing?
8. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
9. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
10. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)