|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
2. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
3. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
(a) An inner group of advisors.
(b) 5 small cities.
(c) A rigid chain of command.
(d) A training program.
4. Why were the Roman soldiers reluctant to destroy crops?
(a) They were farmers.
(b) The farmers were paying for their protection.
(c) Nothing would be able to grow back for a full seaon.
(d) They needed the food.
5. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
(a) From Gaul.
(b) From Africa.
(c) From Spain to Africa.
(d) From Gaul to Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
2. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
3. When did the tide of the war start to turn for the Romans according to "Cannae"?
4. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
5. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
2. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
3. What did Hannibal begin doing?
4. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
5. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
6. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
7. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
8. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
9. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
10. What did the Romans turn to?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)