|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
(a) An attack from behind.
(b) A double envelopment.
(c) An envelopment .
(d) An attack from the side.
2. Why did the Battle at Cannae have to come quickly?
(a) Both sides were low on food.
(b) Both sides were eager.
(c) Both side were tired.
(d) Both side wanted to crush the other.
3. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
(a) Force them out before breakfast.
(b) Force them out as it was sunny.
(c) Force them out during a torrential rain.
(d) Force them out at night.
4. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
(a) A monster.
(b) A clever man.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A good man.
5. When did snow close the passes in the Alps?
(a) Mid September.
(b) Mid November.
(c) Mid October.
(d) Mid December.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
2. What was the Roman tradition when two armies came to fight together?
3. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
4. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
5. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
2. Who set up a trap for Hannibal and his men?
3. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
4. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
7. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
8. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What did Hannibal begin doing?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)