|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
(a) The Celts.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Venetians.
2. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
(a) Allobroge .
(c) Marcus Aurelius.
(d) Gaullus II.
3. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(b) The Chinese emperor.
(c) Genghis Khan.
(d) Alexander the Great.
4. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
(a) He didn't know how to read.
(b) He buried his dead enemies.
(c) He never killed a prisoner.
(d) He did not eat meat.
5. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
(a) 232 B.C.
(b) 212 B.C.
(c) 222 B.C.
(d) 202 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
2. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
3. When did the tide of the war start to turn for the Romans according to "Cannae"?
4. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
5. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
2. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
3. What did Hannibal begin doing?
4. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
5. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
6. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
7. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
8. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
9. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
10. What did the Romans turn to?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)