Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
(a) A training program.
(b) An inner group of advisors.
(c) A rigid chain of command.
(d) 5 small cities.
2. How did the Romans signal their incoming battle?
(a) The horses were prepared.
(b) The solders were chanting.
(c) Horns were blowing.
(d) A tunic flew above Varro's tent.
3. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
(b) Be without mercy.
(d) Take slaves.
4. What does the author say is speculation?
(a) That Hannibal used slaves as spies.
(b) Hannibal was not the military genius, his brother was.
(c) Hnannibal was a copy cat.
(d) Hannibal took no prisonners.
5. How were the Romans able to defeat Carthage?
(a) By ignoring what their training told them.
(b) By learning to fight like Greeks.
(c) By learning to fight like Hannibal.
(d) By amassing a larger army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
2. Why were the Roman soldiers reluctant to destroy crops?
3. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
4. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
5. What was Hannibal willing to take?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)