|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
2. Why did the Battle at Cannae have to come quickly?
(a) Both sides were low on food.
(b) Both sides were eager.
(c) Both side wanted to crush the other.
(d) Both side were tired.
3. How did Hannibal avoid Publius Scipio's army?
(a) By hiding in a tree.
(b) By fleeing at night.
(c) By marching faster than Publius did.
(d) By going through marshes.
4. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
(a) The longest war of Italy.
(b) The last good war of Rome.
(c) The first African war.
(d) The first world war of history.
5. What did Africanus do to protect his father?
(a) Round up spearmen.
(b) Round up soldiers.
(c) Round up horsemen.
(d) Round up women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
2. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
3. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
4. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
5. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
2. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
3. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
4. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
5. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
6. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
7. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
8. What reputation did Hannibal have among historians according to Chapter 4?
9. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
10. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)