|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
(a) Force them out as it was sunny.
(b) Force them out at night.
(c) Force them out during a torrential rain.
(d) Force them out before breakfast.
2. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
3. How did Hannibal gain the support of the Gauls?
(a) He paid them.
(b) He faked a Roman attack.
(c) He killed their leader and took his place.
(d) He attacked a Gaul tribe, killed the men and boys and raped the women.
4. How did Hannibal avoid Publius Scipio's army?
(a) By marching faster than Publius did.
(b) By hiding in a tree.
(c) By fleeing at night.
(d) By going through marshes.
5. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
(a) A monster.
(b) A clever man.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
2. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
3. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
4. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
5. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)