|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
(a) They were weak.
(b) They were hungry.
(c) They were tired.
(d) They were turning against themselves.
2. When were the soldiers that survived Cannae allowed to return from exile?
3. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
(a) The cold.
(b) The heat.
(c) Their slow elephant.
(d) The dampness of the ground.
4. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
(a) In Gaul.
(b) In Africa.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In Italy.
5. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) The Chinese emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
2. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
3. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
4. What does the author say is speculation?
5. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
2. What would the Carthaginian soldiers do?
3. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
4. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
7. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
8. What did the Romans go into the battle thinking?
9. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
10. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)