|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did nations consider Carthaginians to be?
(a) Gentle and intellectual.
(b) Immoral and barbaric.
(c) Good merchants.
(d) Too political.
2. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
3. What did Carthage focus on?
4. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
(a) So Hannibal don't have to smell the odor of the Roman food.
(b) So Romanw would have sand in their eyes.
(c) So the Romanw cannot use arrows.
(d) So the Romanw had to fight against the wind to move.
5. What could cause confusion in the Roman army?
(a) Having new troops integrated.
(b) Having several commanders.
(c) Using several languages.
(d) Lack of training.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
2. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
3. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
4. Why did ancient historians make their work entertaining and dramatic?
5. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
2. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
3. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
4. Who was Titius Livius?
5. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
6. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
7. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
8. How did some rise in military ranks?
9. What were the three assembled bodies?
10. What gave Polybius access to research material?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)