|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
(a) Using wealth and prestige.
(b) During games.
(c) By being elected by soldiers.
(d) Using their skills.
2. What was there little of in Carthage?
(c) Class conflict.
3. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
(a) They bought it.
(b) They destroyed it.
(c) They called it Roman.
(d) They copied it.
4. What did the tablet Polybius studied tell the story of?
(a) The story of a slave fighting for the Romans.
(b) The chronicle of a Roman prisoner.
(c) Hannibals's achievement in Italy.
(d) Hannibal's early life.
5. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(a) On a carriage.
(b) On an elephant.
(d) On a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
2. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
3. What did Carthage focus on?
4. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
5. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did religion come into play?
2. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
3. What were the three assembled bodies?
4. How did some rise in military ranks?
5. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
6. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
7. What was Carthage's reputation?
8. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
9. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
10. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)