Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) 157 B.C.
(b) 147 B.C.
(c) 167 B.C.
(d) 177 B.C.
2. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
(a) It was a matriarchy.
(b) It practiced human sacrifice.
(c) It used mercenaries.
(d) Infanticide was practiced regularly.
3. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(a) On a carriage.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On an elephant.
4. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) They never learned to swim.
(b) They feared water.
(c) Their armor was too heavy.
(d) The stream was too powerful.
5. What did Carthage focus on?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
2. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
3. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
4. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
5. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hannibal's army do during the winter according to Livy?
2. What was Scipio's goal?
3. What was Hasdrubal Barca's problem?
4. What happened when Hannibal eluded Publius Scipio?
5. What did Hannibal try to start with Fabius?
6. Who was Titius Livius?
7. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
8. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
9. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
10. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)