|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Crossing the FrenchAlps.
(b) Crossing the German Alps.
(c) Crossing the Swiss Alps.
(d) Crossing the Italian Alps.
2. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
(c) North Africa.
3. How many assembled bodies governed Rome?
4. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. How much of the Roman senate was in the army going to Cannae?
(a) All of it.
(c) A quarter to a third.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Carthage's reputation with other nations?
2. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
3. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
4. What did nations consider Carthaginians to be?
5. What were gladiators originally meant for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Titius Livius?
2. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
3. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
4. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
5. How did religion come into play?
6. How did some rise in military ranks?
7. What was Carthage's reputation?
8. What thrived in Carthage?
9. What were the three assembled bodies?
10. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)