|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
3. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
4. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
(a) It was touched by Hannibal.
(b) It was inscribed by Hannibal.
(c) It was forged by Hannibal.
(d) It was disctated by Hannibal.
5. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Greeks under control.
(b) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
(c) Keep the Gauls under control.
(d) Keep the Celts under control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books by Titus Livius survive today?
2. When was Carthage settled?
3. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
4. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
5. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
2. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
3. How did some rise in military ranks?
4. What thrived in Carthage?
5. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
6. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
7. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
8. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
9. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
10. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)