|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
2. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
(a) The son of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(b) The grandson of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(c) The cousin of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(d) The brother of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
3. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
4. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
(a) Their numbers and strength.
(b) Their resolve.
(c) Thie weapons.
(d) Their faith.
5. What was there little of in Carthage?
(b) Class conflict.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books did Titus Livius write?
2. How many books by Titus Livius survive today?
3. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
4. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
5. When was Carthage settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a plausible statement according to O'Connell in Chapter 5?
2. What happened in Rome after the battle in Cannae?
3. What changed for the ghosts of Cannae?
4. What did historians agree on regarding Hannibal's travels in Chapter 6?
5. What did Hanno question?
6. What were Hannibal's men and animals suffering from?
7. What did Hannibal's army do during the winter according to Livy?
8. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
9. What gave Polybius access to research material?
10. When did Scipio most likely get to Sicily according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)