|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) They never learned to swim.
(b) The stream was too powerful.
(c) They feared water.
(d) Their armor was too heavy.
2. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
3. How did Hannibal know of the Roman army according to "Carthage"?
(a) He heard the marching band.
(b) He had spies.
(c) He saw the column of dust.
(d) He heard from merchants.
4. Who settled Carthage?
5. What did Carthage focus on?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
2. What was there little of in Carthage?
3. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
4. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
5. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
2. Who was Fabius Pictor?
3. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
4. Who was Titius Livius?
5. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
6. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
7. How did some rise in military ranks?
8. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
9. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
10. What was Carthage's reputation?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)