|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
(a) Their military threatened Rome.
(b) Their technology threatened Rome.
(c) Their wealth threatened Rome.
(d) Their literature threatened Rome.
2. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
(a) Using wealth and prestige.
(b) By being elected by soldiers.
(c) Using their skills.
(d) During games.
4. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
(a) Their emperor.
(b) Their writing skills.
(c) Their libraries.
(d) Their war.
5. What was there little of in Carthage?
(a) Class conflict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
2. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
3. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
4. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
5. How did Hannibal know of the Roman army according to "Carthage"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
2. What thrived in Carthage?
3. How did some rise in military ranks?
4. How did religion come into play?
5. Who was Titius Livius?
6. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
7. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
8. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
9. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
10. Who was Fabius Pictor?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)