|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert O'Connell describe the Punic War to?
(a) The Rose Wars.
(b) Napoleonic wars.
(c) WWI and WWII.
(d) The French Revolution.
2. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 35 years.
3. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
4. Who settled Carthage?
5. How did Hannibal know of the Roman army according to "Carthage"?
(a) He saw the column of dust.
(b) He heard from merchants.
(c) He heard the marching band.
(d) He had spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Titus Livius's surviving books are about Cannae?
2. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
3. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
4. How many assembled bodies governed Rome?
5. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the three assembled bodies?
2. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
3. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
4. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
5. What was Carthage's reputation?
6. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
7. What gave Polybius access to research material?
8. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
9. How did religion come into play?
10. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)