|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) 157 B.C.
(b) 177 B.C.
(c) 167 B.C.
(d) 147 B.C.
2. How did the average Roman soldier feel about the battle to come?
(a) That it was going to be a disaster.
(c) Left out.
3. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
4. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 614 B.C.
(b) 814 B.C.
(c) 914 B.C.
(d) 714 B.C.
5. What did the Romans do after something failed?
(a) They assessed the situation and learned from it.
(b) They wrote it down for future generations.
(c) They tried something else.
(d) They tried the same thing again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could cause confusion in the Roman army?
2. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
3. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
4. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
5. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the ghost of Cannae do to rally?
2. What weakness of Hannibal did Fabius Maximus figure out?
3. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
4. What gift did Scipio receive?
5. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
6. What did Hannibal know when the Romans dismounted?
7. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
8. What did the Battle at Cannae become according to the Epilogue?
9. What happened to Hannibal's armada in mid-September?
10. What did Hannibal learn about the Roman army by watching them?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)