|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
2. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
(a) 53 years.
(b) 63 years.
(c) 43 years.
(d) 73 years.
3. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
(a) By being elected by soldiers.
(b) Using wealth and prestige.
(c) During games.
(d) Using their skills.
4. How was Carthage's reputation with other nations?
(a) As an enlightened nation.
(b) As a thief nation.
(c) Not very good.
(d) As a fanatic nation.
5. What was the common Roman tactic to overpower their enemies?
(a) Encircle them quickly and charge toward the inside to kill them all.
(b) Wait for the cavalery to break the rank and them attack with swords.
(c) Charged sword first.
(d) Knocked them on the ground with their shield and killed them with their sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
2. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
3. What did the Romans do after something failed?
4. What did Carthage focus on?
5. What were Carthaginian's writing mostly about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
2. What were the three assembled bodies?
3. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
4. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
5. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
6. Who was Fabius Pictor?
7. Who was Titius Livius?
8. How did religion come into play?
9. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
10. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)