|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many assembled bodies governed Rome?
2. What did nations consider Carthaginians to be?
(a) Gentle and intellectual.
(b) Too political.
(c) Good merchants.
(d) Immoral and barbaric.
3. What did the military tribune do to the Roman soldiers for the first time in history?
(a) Promise them freedom.
(b) Order them to retreat.
(c) Give them money to fight.
(d) Swore an oath of allegiance.
4. How many of Titus Livius's surviving books are about Cannae?
5. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
(a) Their wealth threatened Rome.
(b) Their technology threatened Rome.
(c) Their literature threatened Rome.
(d) Their military threatened Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
2. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
3. What was the first sign of an invasion at Cannae according to Chapter 2?
4. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
5. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
2. What was Carthage's reputation?
3. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
4. Who was Titius Livius?
5. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
6. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
7. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
8. What were the three assembled bodies?
9. What thrived in Carthage?
10. How did religion come into play?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)