|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
(a) Their numbers and strength.
(b) Their resolve.
(c) Their faith.
(d) Thie weapons.
2. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
(a) Their war.
(b) Their emperor.
(c) Their writing skills.
(d) Their libraries.
3. How many Romans died at Cannae?
4. What was there little of in Carthage?
(d) Class conflict.
5. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What could cause confusion in the Roman army?
2. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
3. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
4. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
5. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
2. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
3. How did some rise in military ranks?
4. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
5. What gave Polybius access to research material?
6. How did religion come into play?
7. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
8. Who was Titius Livius?
9. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
10. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)