|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books did Titus Livius write?
2. Who settled Carthage?
3. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 814 B.C.
(b) 614 B.C.
(c) 714 B.C.
(d) 914 B.C.
4. How did Hannibal know of the Roman army according to "Carthage"?
(a) He heard the marching band.
(b) He saw the column of dust.
(c) He heard from merchants.
(d) He had spies.
5. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
(a) By turning to Rome for protection.
(b) By bribing the attackers.
(c) By closing the city and playing dead.
(d) By hiring mercenaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
2. What did the tablet Polybius studied tell the story of?
3. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
4. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
5. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
2. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
3. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
4. What were the three assembled bodies?
5. How did some rise in military ranks?
6. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
7. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
8. Who was Titius Livius?
9. How was Hannibal prepared for battle according to Chapter 3?
10. What was Carthage's reputation?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)