|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the common Roman tactic to overpower their enemies?
(a) Charged sword first.
(b) Knocked them on the ground with their shield and killed them with their sword.
(c) Wait for the cavalery to break the rank and them attack with swords.
(d) Encircle them quickly and charge toward the inside to kill them all.
2. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 714 B.C.
(b) 614 B.C.
(c) 814 B.C.
(d) 914 B.C.
3. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
(a) The brother of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(b) The son of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(c) The cousin of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(d) The grandson of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
4. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Crossing the Italian Alps.
(b) Crossing the FrenchAlps.
(c) Crossing the German Alps.
(d) Crossing the Swiss Alps.
5. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
(a) So Hannibal don't have to smell the odor of the Roman food.
(b) So the Romanw had to fight against the wind to move.
(c) So the Romanw cannot use arrows.
(d) So Romanw would have sand in their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Roman senate was in the army going to Cannae?
2. How many books by Titus Livius survive today?
3. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
4. How did Carthage deal with failure?
5. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Polybius access to research material?
2. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
3. What was Scipio's goal?
4. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
5. When did Scipio most likely get to Sicily according to Chapter 9?
6. What did Hannibal's army do during the winter according to Livy?
7. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
8. What did Hannibal begin doing?
9. What did the author compare the Punic War to?
10. What was the trip like as Hannibal put together his armada?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)