|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
2. What were gladiators originally meant for?
(b) Close combat training.
(c) As a way to settle disputes.
(d) As a way to kill Christians.
3. What did the Romans do after something failed?
(a) They assessed the situation and learned from it.
(b) They wrote it down for future generations.
(c) They tried something else.
(d) They tried the same thing again.
4. Who settled Carthage?
5. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
(a) Their libraries.
(b) Their war.
(c) Their emperor.
(d) Their writing skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Carthage's reputation with other nations?
2. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
3. How many assembled bodies governed Rome?
4. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
5. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Polybius access to research material?
2. Who was Titius Livius?
3. Who was Fabius Pictor?
4. How did religion come into play?
5. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
6. How did some rise in military ranks?
7. What were the three assembled bodies?
8. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
9. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
10. What thrived in Carthage?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)