|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
(a) When he was 5.
(b) When he was 9.
(c) When he was 19.
(d) When he was 15.
2. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
(b) North Africa.
3. What did the Romans do after something failed?
(a) They tried something else.
(b) They tried the same thing again.
(c) They assessed the situation and learned from it.
(d) They wrote it down for future generations.
4. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
5. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
(a) 20 days worth.
(b) 30 days worth.
(c) 3 days worth.
(d) 10 days worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert O'Connell describe the Punic War to?
2. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
3. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
4. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
5. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
2. What biases came through in Polybius' writings?
3. What was Carthage's reputation?
4. How did religion come into play?
5. What were the three assembled bodies?
6. What did Polybius examine when he hiked through the Alps?
7. What were young men trained to do even before entering the military?
8. What important survivor remained after the Battle at Cannae according to Chapter 1?
9. What did Romans discover they needed to learn?
10. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)