|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the common Roman tactic to overpower their enemies?
(a) Charged sword first.
(b) Knocked them on the ground with their shield and killed them with their sword.
(c) Wait for the cavalery to break the rank and them attack with swords.
(d) Encircle them quickly and charge toward the inside to kill them all.
2. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
3. What were Carthaginian's writing mostly about?
(b) Funny novels.
(d) Record of transactions.
4. How many books by Titus Livius survive today?
5. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
(a) They destroyed it.
(b) They called it Roman.
(c) They copied it.
(d) They bought it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the military tribune do to the Roman soldiers for the first time in history?
2. How many assembled bodies governed Rome?
3. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
4. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
5. Why was Hannibal's plan so risky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one fact about Hannibal that went without dispute?
2. What did the Roman soldiers likely have difficulty with at Cannae?
3. What did Aristotle say about the Carthaginian government?
4. Who was Hannibal met by when they crossed the Alps and what happened?
5. When did Scipio most likely get to Sicily according to Chapter 9?
6. Why did some Romans defect?
7. What question does the author address about the Battle at Cannae?
8. What did the Romans turn to?
9. What did military tribunes do for the first time in history according to Chapter 2?
10. Why did O'Connell address the history of gladiators?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)