|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
2. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
(a) In Africa.
(b) In Gaul.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In Italy.
3. What do some historians call the Second Punic War according to " The Fox and the Hedge-Hog"?
(a) The first world war of history.
(b) The first African war.
(c) The last good war of Rome.
(d) The longest war of Italy.
4. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
(a) An attack from behind.
(b) An envelopment .
(c) A double envelopment.
(d) An attack from the side.
5. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
(a) Mid December.
(b) Mid October.
(c) Mid Movember.
(d) Mid September.
6. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
(a) A training program.
(b) An inner group of advisors.
(c) 5 small cities.
(d) A rigid chain of command.
7. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
(c) Grain storage and supply dump.
(d) A weaponsmith.
8. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
(a) He was of Roman descent.
(b) He was not very religious.
(c) He was the son of a peasant.
(d) He was not rich.
9. How did Hannibal avoid Publius Scipio's army?
(a) By marching faster than Publius did.
(b) By going through marshes.
(c) By hiding in a tree.
(d) By fleeing at night.
10. What was Hannibal willing to take?
11. Why did Roman horsemen dismount during the battle?
(a) They switch side.
(b) Their general was injured.
(c) They wanted to fight dismounted.
(d) They were ordred to do so to avoid going to much ahead of the ground force.
12. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
(a) 232 B.C.
(b) 212 B.C.
(c) 202 B.C.
(d) 222 B.C.
13. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
(a) If they fight as one or separately.
(b) If one would be in reserve.
(c) If they would fight against each other.
(d) If they would fight one after the other.
14. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
(a) Taming elephants.
(b) Going down icy slopes.
(c) Going down rocky slopes.
(d) Feeding horses.
15. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
(a) From Spain to Africa.
(b) From Africa.
(c) From Gaul.
(d) From Gaul to Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
2. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
3. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
4. When did snow close the passes in the Alps?
5. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)