|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Romans try to annihilate the neighbors they had trouble with?
(a) 202 B.C.
(b) 222 B.C.
(c) 212 B.C.
(d) 232 B.C.
2. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(c) The Chinese emperor.
(d) Alexander the Great.
3. How many legionaries died during the Battle of Cannae?
4. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
(a) Taming elephants.
(b) Going down rocky slopes.
(c) Going down icy slopes.
(d) Feeding horses.
5. Why were some of the Roman soldiers left behind?
(a) As a reserve.
(b) To protect the camp.
(c) To write down the account of glorious battle after the battle.
(d) To protect their retreat should they need it.
6. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
(a) Sight in one eye.
(b) A finger.
(c) A leg.
(d) An arm.
7. Who did Hannibal trick by letting him see his troops and attacking later on?
8. What did Hannibal want his troops to do to destabilize the Roman army?
(a) Force them out before breakfast.
(b) Force them out as it was sunny.
(c) Force them out at night.
(d) Force them out during a torrential rain.
9. Where did Hannibal put together his army?
(a) From Gaul.
(b) From Spain to Africa.
(c) From Africa.
(d) From Gaul to Italy.
10. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
11. What followed the pinning of the center of an army in Hannibal's tactics?
(a) An attack from the side.
(b) An envelopment .
(c) A double envelopment.
(d) An attack from behind.
12. How old was Africanus during his first battle against Hannibal?
13. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
(a) That he would probably be defeated.
(b) That his brothers were the weak link.
(c) That his army was invincible.
(d) That his defeat didn't lie on the battlefield.
14. What hindered Hannibal's army in previous battles against the Romans?
(a) Their slow elephant.
(b) The cold.
(c) The heat.
(d) The dampness of the ground.
15. How old was Publius Cornelius Scipio during the Battle of Cannae?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers survived with Varro?
2. How many times did Hannibal marry?
3. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
4. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
5. What neighbor did Rome have trouble with?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)