|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
(a) A leg.
(b) Sight in one eye.
(c) A finger.
(d) An arm.
2. Why were some of the Roman soldiers left behind?
(a) To protect their retreat should they need it.
(b) As a reserve.
(c) To protect the camp.
(d) To write down the account of glorious battle after the battle.
3. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
(a) They were tired.
(b) They were weak.
(c) They were turning against themselves.
(d) They were hungry.
4. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
(a) Asked for more and more reinforcement.
(b) Tried to crush Hannibal.
(c) Detaching a small unit to arrest Hannibal.
(d) Avoided confronting Hannibal.
5. What did Hannibal encourage his soldiers to do?
(b) Be without mercy.
(d) Take slaves.
6. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
(a) Mid December.
(b) Mid September.
(c) Mid Movember.
(d) Mid October.
7. What captive did Hannibal use to teach his troops a lesson?
(a) Allobroge .
(c) Gaullus II.
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
8. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
9. How did the Romans signal their incoming battle?
(a) A tunic flew above Varro's tent.
(b) Horns were blowing.
(c) The horses were prepared.
(d) The solders were chanting.
10. What language did Hannibal speak besides Carthaginian?
11. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
(a) 5 small cities.
(b) A training program.
(c) A rigid chain of command.
(d) An inner group of advisors.
12. When did snow close the passes in the Alps?
(a) Mid October.
(b) Mid December.
(c) Mid September.
(d) Mid November.
13. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
14. How many soldiers were taken prisoner by Hannibal during the Battle of Cannae?
15. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The Chinese emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hannibal leave for Italy?
2. What is unsure about Fabius and Minucius' armies?
3. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
4. What did he tell the slaves the winner of the fight to the death would earn?
5. What choice did Hannibal tell his men was better that slavery?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)