Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapters 1-3
1. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
2. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
3. What was Polybius of Megalopolis' goal?
4. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
5. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
6. How many Romans died at Cannae?
7. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
8. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
9. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
10. Why did ancient historians make their work entertaining and dramatic?
11. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
12. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
This section contains 1,745 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)