|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hannibal's plan so risky?
(a) His troops were vastly outnumbered.
(b) He would not have been able to resupply in food.
(c) He had no reserve troops.
(d) He had nowhere to run.
2. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
(a) The cousin of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(b) The brother of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(c) The grandson of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(d) The son of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
3. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
(a) When he was 15.
(b) When he was 5.
(c) When he was 19.
(d) When he was 9.
4. What was even more difficult to do than going up icy slopes?
(a) Going down icy slopes.
(b) Taming elephants.
(c) Feeding horses.
(d) Going down rocky slopes.
5. How many soldiers survived with Varro?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
2. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
3. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
4. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
5. When did some aggressive Celts attack Hannibal?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)