|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
(a) August 2, 236 B.C.
(b) August 2, 226 B.C.
(c) August 2, 206 B.C.
(d) August 2, 216 B.C.
2. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. Who set traps for Hannibal's army?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Gauls.
4. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
(a) He didn't know how to read.
(b) He never killed a prisoner.
(c) He did not eat meat.
(d) He buried his dead enemies.
5. What reputation did Hannibal have, according to some historians?
(a) A clever man.
(b) A monster.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
2. How many soldiers survived with Varro?
3. How did Hannibal differ from other Carthaginians according to "Hannibal's Way"?
4. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
5. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)