|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Spain.
(c) In Africa.
(d) In Gaul.
2. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 714 B.C.
(b) 814 B.C.
(c) 614 B.C.
(d) 914 B.C.
4. What did Fabius Maximus figure out about Hannibal?
(a) That his brothers were the weak link.
(b) That his army was invincible.
(c) That he would probably be defeated.
(d) That his defeat didn't lie on the battlefield.
5. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Hannibal's travel is still unanswered?
2. How did Carthage deal with failure?
3. What did Hannibal lose while avoiding the Roman army?
4. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
5. What were Carthaginian's writing mostly about?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)