|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Gauls under control.
(b) Keep the Greeks under control.
(c) Keep the Celts under control.
(d) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
2. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
3. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
(a) They destroyed it.
(b) They called it Roman.
(c) They copied it.
(d) They bought it.
4. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 914 B.C.
(b) 814 B.C.
(c) 714 B.C.
(d) 614 B.C.
5. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) They never learned to swim.
(b) The stream was too powerful.
(c) Their armor was too heavy.
(d) They feared water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who settled Carthage?
2. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
3. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
4. How did Carthage deal with failure?
5. What did the Romans do after something failed?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)