|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Crossing the German Alps.
(b) Crossing the FrenchAlps.
(c) Crossing the Swiss Alps.
(d) Crossing the Italian Alps.
2. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
(a) 73 years.
(b) 53 years.
(c) 63 years.
(d) 43 years.
3. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
(a) The tactic required space which Cannae was short on.
(b) The tactic required no river.
(c) The tactic required more cavalery.
(d) The tactic required Hannibal to have his army stand still for a few minutes.
4. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Gauls under control.
(b) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
(c) Keep the Celts under control.
(d) Keep the Greeks under control.
5. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
(a) It was touched by Hannibal.
(b) It was forged by Hannibal.
(c) It was inscribed by Hannibal.
(d) It was disctated by Hannibal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Romans do after something failed?
2. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
3. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
4. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
5. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)