|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 -Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
(a) When he was 19.
(b) When he was 15.
(c) When he was 5.
(d) When he was 9.
2. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) They feared water.
(b) The stream was too powerful.
(c) They never learned to swim.
(d) Their armor was too heavy.
3. Where did the tide of the war start to turn for the Roman according to "Cannae"?
4. What was established in Hannibal's army during the trip to Italy?
(a) An inner group of advisors.
(b) A training program.
(c) A rigid chain of command.
(d) 5 small cities.
5. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
(a) He did not eat meat.
(b) He didn't know how to read.
(c) He never killed a prisoner.
(d) He buried his dead enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Scipio do to win a battle without fighting?
2. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
3. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
4. What did the Romans do after something failed?
5. Why did Hannibal not seek a political solution with Rome?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)