1. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Crossing the Swiss Alps.
(b) Crossing the Italian Alps.
(c) Crossing the FrenchAlps.
(d) Crossing the German Alps.
2. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
(a) 73 years.
(b) 43 years.
(c) 53 years.
(d) 63 years.
3. What was Polybius of Megalopolis' goal?
(a) Write a book about the Gauls.
(b) Write a book about the Celts.
(c) Write a book about Hannibal.
(d) Write a book about Rome.
4. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
(a) August 2, 236 B.C.
(b) August 2, 206 B.C.
(c) August 2, 216 B.C.
(d) August 2, 226 B.C.
5. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
6. How many Romans died at Cannae?
7. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
8. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
(a) Maps of the area were lost.
(b) The river dried out.
(c) No location indications are given in the texts.
(d) Rivers and construction efforts changed the landscape.
This section contains 4,120 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)