|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Etruscans?
2. What will happen with a revolutionary change?
3. How do generations often define themselves according to the authors?
4. What should Americans expect concerning living standards in the future according to the authors?
5. What was the generational cycle of 1740?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the authors, why are Thomas Jefferson and Ronald Reagan considered heroes?
2. How do the authors think Americans should feel about the Fourth Turning and why?
3. What do First Turnings throughout history represent, according to the authors?
4. How do the authors characterize cycles?
5. According to the authors, which archetype creates the most problems during the Fourth Turning?
6. What are the authors' recommendations concerning seasonal activities?
7. Why do the authors think Americans do not recognize cycles?
8. How do archetypes interact during a Fourth Turning?
9. What should individual Americans do to prepare for the Fourth Turning according to the authors?
10. What is so important about the Etruscans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the historical aspects lend to the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How do the authors characterize present-day Americans? Is this a fair characterization?
Essay Topic 3
Critique the authors' presentation of this material. Was it interesting and clear, or dull and muddled? Explain your decision with examples.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)