|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men of Mt. Rushmore together according to the authors?
2. What happens during a first turning?
3. What is another name for a 'gray champion'?
4. What happens in 'linear time' according to the authors?
5. What happens to civic order during the Second Turning according to the authors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the authors say are the problems with chaotic and linear time?
2. How do the authors characterize the Boomer Generation?
3. As the authors present the information, why are 'seasons' across and within generations?
4. What do the authors predict as a major catalyst in 2005?
5. According to the authors, what happens differently from the Third Turning now in the Fourth Turning?
6. How did 13ers feel about America during the Second Turning according to the authors?
7. How do rhythms coexist with free will and the role of accidents?
8. As the authors present the information, why did the Second Turning come about at the time of Kennedy's assassination?
9. What did the authors predict about the economy, and has that happened?
10. What are the authors' recommendations concerning seasonal activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do the authors think these ideas (of Turnings and archetypes) play with moral reform in America?
Essay Topic 2
From reading the book, are the authors correct to worry about our country? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Is the theme of this book important? That is, should Americans value such information?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)