|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to old values during the First Turning according to the authors?
2. What was the generational cycle of 1690?
3. What happens in 'linear time' according to the authors?
4. What year does the book's introduction address?
5. How do generations often define themselves according to the authors?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the authors, why did Vietnam destroy the GI Generation's endless confidence?
2. How do the authors characterize the Boomer Generation?
3. How did the Silent Generation behave during the First Turning according to the authors?
4. According to the authors, what struggles do the Boomers face as they age?
5. According to the authors, which archetype creates the most problems during the Fourth Turning?
6. How do the authors offer hope as the book closes?
7. How did people behave when the book was written?
8. Why do the authors remind readers once again against thinking of time as linear?
9. What is the correct time that this chapter presents for Americans to embrace?
10. According to the authors, why are Thomas Jefferson and Ronald Reagan considered heroes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is our society or government influenced by this book? How?
Essay Topic 2
Is the theme of this book important? That is, should Americans value such information?
Essay Topic 3
How do the authors characterize present-day Americans? Is this a fair characterization?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)