|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1984, what were Americans cynical about according to the authors?
(a) Their institutions.
(b) Their construction methods.
(c) Their backgrounds.
(d) Their traveling habits.
2. What best describes the Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) Huge monetary gains.
(b) Humanitarian demise.
(c) Small educational progression.
(d) Great social upheaval.
3. When do the authors predict the catalyst even of the Fourth Turning occurring?
4. How do the authors argue that we should feel about the Fourth Turning?
5. What in a Fourth Turning can be foreseen, according to the authors?
(a) A change of traditions.
(b) A disagreement.
(c) A catalyst.
(d) A political takeover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Artists do during a Second Turning according to the authors?
2. During the Second Turning, what did most Americans strive to become according to the authors?
3. According to the authors, what did the 1773 Fourth Turning grow out of?
4. According to the authors, what will 13er politicians do during the pre-crisis?
5. According to the authors, what do parents of Heroes do?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)