|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should Americans avoid seeing history according to the authors?
(a) As reversible.
(b) As lies.
(c) As inevitable progress.
(d) As unimportant.
2. By 1984, what had Boomers realized according to the authors?
(a) They needed to free their children.
(b) They wanted to change their pasts.
(c) They needed to retire.
(d) They had indulged themselves.
3. As the book closes, what do the authors emphasize that Americans should understand about time?
(a) It is not linear.
(b) It never begins anew.
(c) God controls time.
(d) It is not cyclial.
4. What happens to Nomads during a Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) They become stronger.
(b) They die.
(c) They gain money.
(d) Others ignore them.
5. According to the authors, what did the 1773 Fourth Turning grow out of?
(a) A movement of breaking with family.
(b) A need to protect the new country.
(c) A smoldering discontent.
(d) An inability to find spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the authors, what might happen if Americans weather our Fourth Turning well?
2. According to the authors, what do all Third Turnings consist of?
3. What in a Fourth Turning can be foreseen, according to the authors?
4. How do the authors argue that we should feel about the Fourth Turning?
5. According to the authors, what do Awakenings embody?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)