|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Americans engage in postseasonal behaviors, what do the authors say will happen?
(a) We will be unhappy.
(b) We will not save money.
(c) We will not understand our children.
(d) We will ruin new relationships.
2. According to the authors, what will the 13ers bring to mid-life during the Fourth Turning?
(a) Their lack of social awareness.
(b) Their dismal education.
(c) Their self-confidence.
(d) Their lack of self-worth.
3. What do Nomads do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) Produce the next crisis.
(b) Fight against the failures of social crusades.
(c) Protect society.
(d) Keep traditions alive.
4. What major event do the authors think could the next cycle bring?
(a) Anything major.
(b) A new generation.
(c) Something small.
(d) Different monetary beliefs.
5. By 1984, what were Americans cynical about according to the authors?
(a) Their institutions.
(b) Their traveling habits.
(c) Their backgrounds.
(d) Their construction methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Americans avoid being ideological according to the authors?
2. What will Boomers want to do during economic trouble according to the authors?
3. What is an example that the authors give about a major event that the next cycle might bring?
4. As the book closes, what do the authors emphasize that Americans should understand about time?
5. In 1984, what happened to social structures of unity according to the authors?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)