|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In preparation for the Fourth Turning, what do the authors think Americans should do with institutions?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Experiment with them.
(c) Save them.
(d) Throw money at them.
2. When was the spirit of America at its height according to the authors?
(a) The start of World War II.
(b) The start of the Vietnam conflict.
(c) The end of World War II.
(d) The end of equal rights conflict.
3. According to the authors, what did the 1773 Fourth Turning grow out of?
(a) A smoldering discontent.
(b) An inability to find spies.
(c) A need to protect the new country.
(d) A movement of breaking with family.
4. In pre-crisis years, how do the authors predict people will feel about government benefits?
(a) Distrustful of them.
(b) Distant from them.
(c) Thankful for them.
(d) Entitled to them.
5. What kind of eras are Fourth Turnings?
(a) Old eras.
(b) Crusade eras.
(c) Crisis eras.
(d) New eras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the Second Turning according to the authors?
2. How do the authors end the book?
3. For what is the Fourth Turning an opportunity according to the authors?
4. What do Prophets do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
5. What major event do the authors think could the next cycle bring?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)