|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Americans avoid being ideological according to the authors?
(a) Ideological ideas are against God.
(b) No ideology is above the seasons.
(c) No ideology helps the future.
(d) Ideological ideas never succeed.
2. According to the authors, what do Artists do during Third Turnings?
(b) Save money.
(c) Grow religious conflicts.
(d) Speed up social change.
3. What major event do the authors think could the next cycle bring?
(a) Something small.
(b) Anything major.
(c) A new generation.
(d) Different monetary beliefs.
4. What brought out Americans' spiritual searching during the Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) Both Kennedy brothers' deaths.
(b) The Moon Landing and Woodstock.
(c) Opposition to the Nixon Administration.
(d) Racial inequality.
5. By 1984, what were Americans cynical about according to the authors?
(a) Their institutions.
(b) Their backgrounds.
(c) Their construction methods.
(d) Their traveling habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the authors, how do Artists socially interact during Third Turnings?
2. As the authors believe, what does the Silent Generation realize as they become 'neoseniors'?
3. When do the authors predict the catalyst even of the Fourth Turning occurring?
4. What should Americans focus on "today" according to the authors?
5. What in a Fourth Turning cannot be foreseen, according to the authors?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)