|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the authors, what do Artists do during Third Turnings?
(a) Speed up social change.
(c) Grow religious conflicts.
(d) Save money.
2. In pre-crisis years, how do the authors predict people will feel about government benefits?
(a) Entitled to them.
(b) Thankful for them.
(c) Distrustful of them.
(d) Distant from them.
3. What happens to Nomads during a Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) They die.
(b) They become stronger.
(c) Others ignore them.
(d) They gain money.
4. What do Nomads do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) Fight against the failures of social crusades.
(b) Produce the next crisis.
(c) Keep traditions alive.
(d) Protect society.
5. According to the authors, what do all Third Turnings consist of?
(a) Starvation and poverty.
(b) Religion and education.
(c) Shared goods and community.
(d) Social decay and individualism.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the authors predict the resolution of the Fourth Turning might come?
2. Who do the authors give the responsibility to concerning history at the end of the next saeculum?
3. When was the book published?
4. For what is the Fourth Turning an opportunity according to the authors?
5. What options for a catalyst of the Fourth Turning do the authors suggest?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)