|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the Fourth Turning an opportunity according to the authors?
(a) To grow individual wealth.
(b) Victory and great deeds.
(c) Reflection and quietness.
(d) Power and individualism.
2. What do the authors think extends a saeculum backward and a saeculum forward?
(a) Photo albums.
(b) Cultural memory.
(c) History books.
3. If Americans miss opportunities for accomplishment, how do the authors say they are incorrectly viewing history?
(a) Inevitable decline.
(b) As unimportant.
(c) As inevitable decline.
(d) As inevitable progress.
4. According to the authors, what might happen if Americans weather our Fourth Turning well?
(a) Our futures will be controlled by others.
(b) Much of the world would follow.
(c) Much of the world will disown us.
(d) Americans will be wealthy.
5. What do Awakenings do for people according to the authors?
(a) Grow accountability and spirituality.
(b) Create hostility.
(c) Change cultures and renew the spirit.
(d) Bond old traditional ideas to new ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Prophets do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
2. In pre-crisis years, how do the authors predict people will feel about government benefits?
3. According to the authors, what do Awakenings embody?
4. How should Americans avoid seeing history according to the authors?
5. What happened economically during the Second Turning?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)