|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Silent Generation do involving social reform according to the authors?
(a) Ignored it.
(b) Sought to improve it.
(c) Kept it hidden in the media.
(d) Hired others to help with it.
2. What brought out Americans' spiritual searching during the Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) Both Kennedy brothers' deaths.
(b) Racial inequality.
(c) Opposition to the Nixon Administration.
(d) The Moon Landing and Woodstock.
3. According to the authors, what might happen if Americans weather our Fourth Turning well?
(a) Americans will be wealthy.
(b) Our futures will be controlled by others.
(c) Much of the world would follow.
(d) Much of the world will disown us.
4. What will the catalyst of the Fourth Turning trigger according to the authors?
(a) A keeping with tradition.
(b) A promise from younger generations.
(c) A return to the Third Turning.
(d) A series of events that will lead into a new social order.
5. What happens to Nomads during a Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) They become stronger.
(b) They die.
(c) Others ignore them.
(d) They gain money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In preparation, how do the authors think parents should raise children?
2. What kind of eras are Fourth Turnings?
3. Throughout the Unraveling, what does the Silent Generation prefer according to the authors?
4. According to the authors, what will 13er politicians do during the pre-crisis?
5. Why should Americans avoid being ideological according to the authors?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)