|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in a Fourth Turning can be foreseen, according to the authors?
(a) A change of traditions.
(b) A catalyst.
(c) A political takeover.
(d) A disagreement.
2. Throughout the Unraveling, what does the Silent Generation prefer according to the authors?
(a) A yuppie lifestyle.
(b) Loud parties.
(c) Honesty and tradition.
(d) Quiet retreats.
3. What was the GI Generation's reputation during the Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) The greatest generation.
(b) Peace keepers and homemakers.
(c) Homewreckers and school dropouts.
(d) The saddest group of men.
4. What do Artists do during a Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) Gain more educations.
(b) Ignore the youth.
(c) Give away wealth.
(d) Try to improve society.
5. What did the Silent Generation do involving social reform according to the authors?
(a) Kept it hidden in the media.
(b) Sought to improve it.
(c) Hired others to help with it.
(d) Ignored it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event do the authors think could the next cycle bring?
2. In preparation, how do the authors think Americans should solve local problems?
3. How do crisis eras begin?
4. According to the authors, what do all Third Turnings consist of?
5. When do the authors predict the resolution of the Fourth Turning might come?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)