|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authors argue that we should feel about the Fourth Turning?
2. What do the authors think extends a saeculum backward and a saeculum forward?
(a) History books.
(b) Cultural memory.
(d) Photo albums.
3. What happens to Nomads during a Second Turning according to the authors?
(a) They die.
(b) They gain money.
(c) Others ignore them.
(d) They become stronger.
4. What major event do the authors think could the next cycle bring?
(a) Anything major.
(b) A new generation.
(c) Something small.
(d) Different monetary beliefs.
5. In preparation, how do the authors think parents should raise children?
(a) Without coddling them.
(b) With extra care.
(c) With emotions disregarded.
(d) Without spoiling them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authors end the book?
2. According to the authors, how do Artists socially interact during Third Turnings?
3. According to the authors, what did the 1860 Fourth Turning grow out of?
4. According to the authors, what did the 1773 Fourth Turning grow out of?
5. According to the authors, what might happen if Americans weather our Fourth Turning well?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)