|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authors end the book?
(a) Providing warnings.
(b) Asking questions for the future.
(c) Giving facts of our futures.
(d) Reciting history lessons.
2. What did the Silent Generation do involving social reform according to the authors?
(a) Sought to improve it.
(b) Hired others to help with it.
(c) Kept it hidden in the media.
(d) Ignored it.
3. Throughout the Unraveling, what does the Silent Generation prefer according to the authors?
(a) A yuppie lifestyle.
(b) Honesty and tradition.
(c) Loud parties.
(d) Quiet retreats.
4. What do Nomads do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) Protect society.
(b) Fight against the failures of social crusades.
(c) Keep traditions alive.
(d) Produce the next crisis.
5. What should Americans focus on "today" according to the authors?
(a) Personal relationships.
(b) Social safety nets.
(c) Technology and diversity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the authors, how should Americans prepare for the next season, economically?
2. According to the authors, what do Artists do during Third Turnings?
3. According to the authors, what do Heroes do during a Second Turning?
4. By 1984, what emerged as the culture debate according to the authors?
5. What was the GI Generation's reputation during the Second Turning according to the authors?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)