|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Second Turning, what did most Americans strive to become according to the authors?
(b) More humanitarian.
(d) More powerful.
2. What in a Fourth Turning cannot be foreseen, according to the authors?
(a) An American civil war.
(b) A keeping with old ideas.
(d) A monetary tragedy.
3. What is an example that the authors give about a major event that the next cycle might bring?
(a) The end of religious beliefs.
(b) Transportation changes.
(c) The end of mankind.
(d) Medical overhauls.
4. When do the authors predict the resolution of the Fourth Turning might come?
5. According to the authors, what will Boomers' old age be full of?
(a) Ethos of self-denial.
(b) Political activity.
(c) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the authors imagine as a possible gray champion?
2. According to the authors, what might happen if Americans weather our Fourth Turning well?
3. According to the authors, how should Americans prepare for the next season, economically?
4. When was the spirit of America at its height according to the authors?
5. If Americans miss opportunities for accomplishment, how do the authors say they are incorrectly viewing history?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)