|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Americans all part of according to the authors?
(b) Inevitable decline.
(c) A hold on other countries.
(d) A vast reach of time.
2. How do the authors end the book?
(a) Reciting history lessons.
(b) Asking questions for the future.
(c) Giving facts of our futures.
(d) Providing warnings.
3. According to the authors, what do Heroes do during a Second Turning?
(a) Raise Artists.
(b) Become elders.
(c) Create wealth.
(d) Forget their ambitions.
4. As the book closes, what do the authors emphasize that Americans should understand about time?
(a) It is not cyclial.
(b) It never begins anew.
(c) It is not linear.
(d) God controls time.
5. Who do the authors imagine as a possible gray champion?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Rush Limbaugh.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Al Gore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In preparation, how do the authors think Americans should solve local problems?
2. According to the authors, what do all Third Turnings consist of?
3. How do the authors suggest Americans prevent the Fourth Turning?
4. When do the authors predict the catalyst even of the Fourth Turning occurring?
5. According to the authors, what do parents of Heroes do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)