|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the Fourth Turning signal, according to the authors?
(a) The absolute bottom of the American spirit and its regeneration.
(b) The best parts of America.
(c) Opportunities for the youth.
(d) The revitalization of America's youth.
2. If Americans engage in postseasonal behaviors, what do the authors say will happen?
(a) We will be unhappy.
(b) We will not save money.
(c) We will not understand our children.
(d) We will ruin new relationships.
3. What should Americans focus on "today" according to the authors?
(a) Social safety nets.
(b) Technology and diversity.
(d) Personal relationships.
4. What happened economically during the Second Turning?
(a) Enormous growth.
(b) Stagnant movement.
(c) Small gains.
(d) Huge decline.
5. According to the authors, what might happen if Americans weather our Fourth Turning well?
(a) Much of the world would follow.
(b) Much of the world will disown us.
(c) Our futures will be controlled by others.
(d) Americans will be wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the book closes, what do the authors emphasize that Americans should understand about time?
2. What brought out Americans' spiritual searching during the Second Turning according to the authors?
3. What is an example that the authors give about a major event that the next cycle might bring?
4. In preparation, how do the authors think parents should raise children?
5. According to the authors, what do Awakenings embody?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)