|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what do the cycles require rebirth?
2. What was the First Turning's time period like?
(a) American poverty and fear.
(b) American dominance.
(c) American doubt and retreat.
(d) England's hold over America.
3. How does the archetypal pattern begin?
(a) Old Prophets die.
(b) Old Prophets lose their jobs to the youth.
(c) Future old Prophets are born.
(d) Old Prophets write history.
4. The authors say that what comprises circular cycles?
(a) Four weather elements.
(b) Three stages of life.
(c) Each century.
(d) Four seasons.
5. What was the generational cycle of 1600?
(a) Shakespeare's Elizabethan Generation.
(b) Roman Countrymen Generation.
(c) Religious and Arts Appreciation Generation.
(d) Wheatley's Philosophical Generation.
6. What happens during a second turning?
(a) Nomads are born.
(b) Artists become elders.
(c) Heroes are young adults.
(d) Elder prophets die.
7. From their order of experiences, what do the authors say generations form?
(a) Families that grow together.
(b) Musical era in their hearts.
(c) Constellations of a sort.
(d) Rebellion that changes society.
8. What is reflected in future generations according to the authors?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(c) The repetition of a four part cycle.
(d) The love for children.
9. What represents the Baby Boomers according to the authors?
(a) Dennis the Menace.
(b) Mighty Mouse.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
10. What will happen with a revolutionary change?
(a) Conflicts resolve themselves.
(b) A new gray champion.
(c) New educations will form.
(d) Old money will disappear.
11. What do cycles in major cultures share according to the authors?
(a) A changing of clothing styles.
(b) A change in transportation.
(c) An idea of a male God.
(d) They follow several rules.
12. In determining a generation, what should one look for according to the authors?
(a) New transportation and styles.
(b) Common beliefs and behaviors.
(c) Athletic patterns.
(d) Birth rates.
13. What comprises the Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) A saecular revolution.
(c) Help and compassion.
(d) The past turning.
14. What did the Silent Generation wear?
(a) Gray flannel suit.
(b) Loud colors and makeup.
(c) Expensive clothing.
15. What happens during a first turning?
(a) Elder prophets die.
(b) Heroes are young adults.
(c) Artists become elders.
(d) Nomads are born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the generational cycle of 1740?
2. What do young adults act like in the general cycle of life according to the authors?
3. During the First Turning, why did Americans become conformists?
4. What comprises the First Turning according to the authors?
5. What is another name for a 'gray champion'?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)