|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Etruscans know?
(a) That money did not matter.
(b) That food was sustainable.
(c) That history was cyclical.
(d) That other cultures were stronger than theirs.
2. What happens to individualism during the Third Turning according to the authors?
(a) It deteriorates.
(b) It remains stagnant.
(c) It grows strong.
(d) It weakens.
3. Under what conditions did the Baby Boomers grow up according to the authors?
(a) They wre treated harshly.
(b) They were spoiled and lacked discipline.
(c) They sufferred as child laborers.
(d) They understood difficult financial times.
4. What is a 'saeculum' according to the authors?
(a) The most recent cycle.
(b) The despair in communities.
(c) A utopia.
(d) A history that people ignore.
5. What will happen with a revolutionary change?
(a) Old money will disappear.
(b) A new gray champion.
(c) Conflicts resolve themselves.
(d) New educations will form.
6. What do gray champions do to the Fourth Turning?
(a) Create conflict in the Fourth Turning.
(b) Bring the Fourth Turning to a climax.
(c) Close the Fourth Turning.
(d) Grow relationships during the Fourth Turning.
7. What comprises the Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) Help and compassion.
(b) The past turning.
(c) A saecular revolution.
8. What year does the book's introduction address?
9. What hit the Lost Generation hard?
(a) Two world wars and the Great Depression.
(b) New expectations.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) Aging too quickly.
10. What was the generational cycle of 1790?
(a) The Pre-Civil War Generation.
(b) George Whitefield's Writing Generation.
(c) Thomas Jefferson's Republican Generation.
(d) John Wesley's Methodist Generation.
11. Who controlled much of the world during the First Turning?
(a) The Lost Generation.
(b) The GI Generation.
(c) The Silent Generation.
(d) Generation X.
12. What comprises the Third Turning according to the authors?
(a) Increase in wealth and education.
(b) Total destruction.
(c) An unraveling.
(d) A weird hurried approach to life.
13. What happens to the New Prophets during the First Turning?
(a) New Prophets are born.
(b) New Prophets gain money.
(c) New Prophets head to college.
(d) New Prophets head to the job market.
14. What was the clash of powerful personalities during the beginning of Anglo-American modernity?
(a) The North and the South.
(b) Wars of the Roses and the Protestant Reformation.
(c) The Allies and the Axis powers.
(d) Europe and America.
15. When a time period produces a revolutionary change, what stage are the 'prophets'?
(a) Young adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most recent second turning according to the authors?
2. What are examples of social indicators?
3. Where do seasons occur according to the authors?
4. What was the generational cycle of 1690?
5. What do the authors believe Americans have lost?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)