Short Answer Questions Key
1. How do the authors present American history?
They turn history into prophesy.
2. What year does the book's introduction address?
3. What is the authors' fear as the book opens?
The country is unraveling.
4. As the book opens, how do the American people behave according to the authors?
Uneasy, aimless and adrift.
5. What comprises the First Turning according to the authors?
The people strengthen civic institutions.
6. What happens to old values during the First Turning according to the authors?
People abandon them.
This section contains 4,283 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)