|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, A Fourth Turning Prophecy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Prophets do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) Fight against the failures of social crusades.
(b) Protect society.
(c) Produce the next crisis.
(d) Keep traditions alive.
2. When did the American saecular cycle begin?
(a) At the start of World War I.
(b) In the beginning of Ango-American modernity.
(c) When King George III taxed America.
(d) During the Civil War.
3. What are examples of social indicators?
(a) Clothing styles.
(b) Transportation means.
(c) Wage growth and political activism.
(d) Death rate.
4. According to the authors, Americans identify generations by determining what?
(a) The death from a generation.
(b) The wealth a generation forms.
(c) The length of a generation.
(d) The discord within a generation.
5. What was the clash of powerful personalities during the beginning of Anglo-American modernity?
(a) Wars of the Roses and the Protestant Reformation.
(b) Europe and America.
(c) The North and the South.
(d) The Allies and the Axis powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most recent second turning according to the authors?
2. What were Jackson, Woodrow Wilson and Colin Powell considered?
3. What do Artists do during a Second Turning according to the authors?
4. How do the authors and other historians view cycles of war?
5. What happens to civic order during the Second Turning according to the authors?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)