|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, A Fourth Turning Prophecy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the fourth tide?
(a) Nomads are born.
(b) Artists become elders.
(c) The heroes are young adults.
(d) Elder prophets die.
2. According to the authors, what will the 13ers bring to mid-life during the Fourth Turning?
(a) Their dismal education.
(b) Their lack of social awareness.
(c) Their lack of self-worth.
(d) Their self-confidence.
3. According to the authors, what did the 1773 Fourth Turning grow out of?
(a) A smoldering discontent.
(b) An inability to find spies.
(c) A movement of breaking with family.
(d) A need to protect the new country.
4. When was Generation X discovered?
5. What will the pre-crisis years see in the Fourth Turning according to the authors?
(a) Struggles with Elders.
(b) Disappearance of family values.
(c) Hope in new politicians.
(d) Increasing distrust of the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the authors mean when they state all cycles are circular?
2. In 1984, what happened to social structures of unity according to the authors?
3. What happens during a third turning?
4. What do the authors believe Americans have lost?
5. Throughout the Unraveling, what does the Silent Generation prefer according to the authors?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)