|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, A Fourth Turning Prophecy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the authors predict the catalyst even of the Fourth Turning occurring?
2. Why are the men of Mt. Rushmore together according to the authors?
(a) They are historical figures.
(b) They are from the same time period.
(c) They were friends.
(d) The four archetypes function together.
3. How do generations behave with the concept of 'acting according to your season' according to the authors?
(a) Generations create rebellion against expectations.
(b) Generations act nothing alike-everyone is an individual.
(c) Generations gain notoriety for their behavior.
(d) Generations have behaviors appropriate to their place in history.
4. Through what do the cycles require rebirth?
5. How do generations often define themselves according to the authors?
(a) With their parents' generation.
(b) By the former generation.
(c) Against the shadow of the generation two steps prior to them.
(d) By whatever the media says about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the First Turning's time period like?
2. The authors say that present day Americans continue to acknowledge what periodic cycle?
3. What comprises the First Turning according to the authors?
4. How do the authors and other historians view cycles of war?
5. Who controlled much of the world during the First Turning?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)