|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Gray Champions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most recent second turning according to the authors?
(a) Loud clothing of the 1990s.
(b) Tax revolts of the early 1980s.
(c) Sitcoms of the 1980s.
(d) Lack of parenting in the 2000s.
2. What is another name for a 'gray champion'?
(a) A formerly black champion.
(b) An elder prophet.
(c) A saluki.
(d) A deceased leader.
3. What do gray champions do to the Fourth Turning?
(a) Create conflict in the Fourth Turning.
(b) Close the Fourth Turning.
(c) Bring the Fourth Turning to a climax.
(d) Grow relationships during the Fourth Turning.
4. What comprises the Third Turning according to the authors?
(a) A weird hurried approach to life.
(b) Total destruction.
(c) An unraveling.
(d) Increase in wealth and education.
5. When a time period produces a revolutionary change, what stage are the 'heroes'?
(d) Young adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the authors think Americans could learn from historical cycles?
2. Why do the authors look toward prophecy?
3. How often does each saeculum in the United States last?
4. Why are the men of Mt. Rushmore together according to the authors?
5. What was the generational cycle of 1740?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)