|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Gray Champions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should Americans expect concerning living standards in the future according to the authors?
(a) Living standards will improve quickly.
(b) Living standards will be stagnant.
(c) Living standards will decline.
(d) Living standards will positively change slowly.
2. What do the authors mean when they state all cycles are circular?
(a) They have perfect and unbreakable repetition.
(b) They are perfectly a century.
(c) They contain even numbers of years.
(d) They eventually reach all stages.
3. What was the clash of powerful personalities during the beginning of Anglo-American modernity?
(a) The Allies and the Axis powers.
(b) Europe and America.
(c) The North and the South.
(d) Wars of the Roses and the Protestant Reformation.
4. What is the authors' fear as the book opens?
(a) People will not seriously read the book.
(b) The country is unraveling.
(c) History is being rewritten.
(d) Americans will not vote.
5. When a time period produces a revolutionary change, what stage are the 'prophets'?
(d) Young adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the generational cycle of 1740?
2. What fascinated the Romans according to the authors?
3. What does a gray champion tell about a time period?
4. What happens during a second turning?
5. How do generations often define themselves according to the authors?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)