|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Gray Champions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are examples of social indicators?
(a) Wage growth and political activism.
(b) Death rate.
(c) Transportation means.
(d) Clothing styles.
2. When a time period produces a revolutionary change, what stage are the 'heroes'?
(a) Young adults.
3. What was the clash of powerful personalities during the beginning of Anglo-American modernity?
(a) Europe and America.
(b) The Allies and the Axis powers.
(c) The North and the South.
(d) Wars of the Roses and the Protestant Reformation.
4. What happens during a third turning?
(a) Heroes are young adults.
(b) Elder prophets die.
(c) Artists become elders.
(d) Nomads are born.
5. According to the authors, Americans identify generations by determining what?
(a) The length of a generation.
(b) The discord within a generation.
(c) The death from a generation.
(d) The wealth a generation forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do generations do when they pass through a crisis according to the authors?
2. What were Jon Edwards and William Lloyd Garrison considered?
3. According to the authors, what have people sought to redefine in the last 150 years?
4. When was Generation X discovered?
5. What were John Adams and Dwight Eisenhower considered?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)