|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Fourth Turnings in History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hit the Lost Generation hard?
(a) A lack of education.
(b) Aging too quickly.
(c) Two world wars and the Great Depression.
(d) New expectations.
2. In determining a generation, what should one look for according to the authors?
(a) New transportation and styles.
(b) Common beliefs and behaviors.
(c) Birth rates.
(d) Athletic patterns.
3. How do crisis eras begin?
(a) With catalysts.
(b) With American disagreements with other countries.
(c) With the end of religion.
(d) With new presidents.
4. How often do new generations develop?
(a) Every 17 to 24 years.
(b) About 10 years.
(c) Once every 50 years.
(d) Every 24-46 years.
5. What was the First Turning's time period like?
(a) American doubt and retreat.
(b) American poverty and fear.
(c) American dominance.
(d) England's hold over America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Heroes do during a Fourth Turning according to the authors?
2. What purpose does the Nomads' exhaustion from revolutionary change have?
3. What do children do in the general cycle of life according to the authors?
4. How did the Lost Generation treat social life?
5. What kind of eras are Fourth Turnings?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)