Chapter 1, Winter Comes Again
• The authors begin the book by promising to turn history into prophesy.
• It sets forth that American history is cyclical, coming in four seasons or periods.
• The authors assert that the First Turning is a 'high'; the Second Turning is an 'awakening'; the Third Turning is an 'unraveling'; and the Fourth Turning is a 'crisis.'
• According to the authors, the most recent of these turnings is: the First Turning is located in the post-World-War II period; the Second Turning was the 'consciousness revolution' and 'tax revolts'; the Third Turning is the current 'culture wars.' The Fourth Turning is coming.
• The authors think we have lost the proper philosophy of time.
• We are currently looking towards another generation.
Chapter 2, Seasons of Time
• Seasons of time shows cycles of history as the authors present information.
• Americans might learn about their futures if they paid...
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)