|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Quantum Geometry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1968 it was discovered that protons and neutrons are composed of which type of particle?
2. What is the Planck mass?
(a) The typical mass of a vibrating string.
(b) The average mass gained by a string when it changes to a higher-frequency pattern.
(c) The typical mass created by quantum foam over one nano-second.
(d) The typical energy of a quark.
3. The smallest possible unit of energy is referred to as _____.
(a) A quark.
(b) A quantum.
(c) A photon.
(d) A muon.
4. What is the Planck energy?
(a) The energy required to change a string's pattern.
(b) The energy required to create a string.
(c) The typical energy of a vibrating string.
(d) The typical energy of a messenger particle.
5. Which of the following is correct about the speed at which light moves?
(a) It moves at a constant speed for all observers.
(b) It moves faster at higher energy levels.
(c) It moves at a constant speed only near a gravitational field.
(d) Its speed depends on the observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the difficulties in determining the shape of the Calabi-Yau space?
2. The wave-like nature of the electron means that after a collision, _____.
3. Which of the following is one of the difficulties in observing super particles?
4. How many family groups are the elementary particles divided into?
5. What is the photoelectric effect?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)