|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Quantum Geometry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic did Werner Heisenberg discovered that some features of the universe at very small scales, and some properties of particle?
(a) They cannot be known with complete precision.
(b) They can change spontaneously, with no external influence.
(c) They always increase or decrease by certain increments.
(d) They are dependant on the velocity of the object being studied.
2. Which physicist is credited with discovering that light is composed of particles?
3. What is different about a particle of antimatter, compared to its normal counterpart?
(a) Complementary spin.
(b) Opposite electrical charge.
(c) Zero mass.
(d) Negative mass.
4. Why are the fluctuations that quantum physics predicts not observable in everyday life?
(a) On large scales, the effects cancel each other out.
(b) The fluctuations only occur in deep space.
(c) Most fluctuations are canceled out by electromagnetic waves, like light.
(d) The human brain filters them out.
5. Which of the following is not true according to special relativity?
(a) No object can move faster than the speed of light.
(b) Time does not pass for objects that are perfectly at rest.
(c) All objects move at a constant speed through space-time.
(d) Motion and time are relative; they depend on the observer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Newton's law of gravity, the strength of the pull between two objects depends on what factors?
2. Which of the following best describes a fermion?
3. What shape allows for the vibrational patterns that we observe in our universe?
4. Quantum chromodynamics concerns quantum mechanics and ____.
5. How are the amplitude of a string's vibration and the mass of the particle it represents related?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)