|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, Quantum Geometry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to special relativity, which of the following can move faster than light?
(a) Quantum data.
(b) Nothing can move faster than light.
(d) Gravitational waves.
2. What is a string's winding number?
(a) The number of dimensions it vibrations through.
(b) The number of times it is wrapped around a circular dimension.
(c) The ratio of its Planck tension to its tension at rest.
(d) The number of other strings it is threaded with.
3. How many total dimensions are required by string theory?
4. According to general relativity, which of the following is said to warp or bend space-time?
(a) Gravity and electromagnetic fields.
(b) Accelerated motion and gravity.
(c) Constant, relativistic speed motion.
(d) Accelerated motion and orbital motion.
5. Which of the following will occur after the collapse of the universe as predicted by string theory?
(a) The universe will be mirrored in another dimension.
(b) The universe will cease to exist.
(c) The universe will become a single black hole.
(d) The universe will expand again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under string theory, which of the following is true regarding extra dimensions?
2. What property did the double-slit experiment demonstrate that light has?
3. How does the shape of the extra "curled up" dimensions affect the vibration of strings?
4. What is the quantum, or messenger particle, of the weak force?
5. What type of a string can be massless?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)