|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, The Super in Superstring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which particle was spin first discovered?
(a) The electron.
(b) The photon.
(c) The neutron.
(d) The proton.
2. According to Newton's theory of gravity, if two objects have a gravitational pull on one another, and one changes its mass or distance from the other, how quickly does the effect of this change travel to the other object?
(b) Near the speed of light, faster for lighter objects.
(c) Near the speed of light, faster for more massive objects.
(d) At exactly the speed of light.
3. Why are the fluctuations that quantum physics predicts not observable in everyday life?
(a) The human brain filters them out.
(b) The fluctuations only occur in deep space.
(c) Most fluctuations are canceled out by electromagnetic waves, like light.
(d) On large scales, the effects cancel each other out.
4. Which of the following did Einstein considered time?
(a) A three-dimensional field.
(b) A physical substance, composed of particles.
(c) The fifth fundamental force of the universe.
(d) A fourth dimension, alongside the three spatial dimensions.
5. What would an outside observer notice about an object moving near the speed of light?
(a) It would appear to move slower near a gravitational field.
(b) It would be shorted in the direction of its movement.
(c) It would not be observable under any circumstances.
(d) It would appear vastly larger than it would at rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to string theory, why do different particles have different properties?
2. What is different about a particle of antimatter, compared to its normal counterpart?
3. Einstein's equation, E=mc^2, states that which of the following are equivalent?
4. According to Newton's law of gravity, the strength of the pull between two objects depends on what factors?
5. Black holes are dense and massive cosmological bodies. What unique distinction do they have?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)