Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Incentive: Before each performance, actors are given ________________.
2. Search: How often do your atoms pull together again?
3. Prism: How is this afterlife like a prism?
4. Death Watch: How did some misuse the death switch?
5. Microbe: What does God think about man?
Essay Topic 1
Descent of Species:
In this story your last coherent thought, before you become a horse, you realize that in another life you must have been an alien who wanted to be human.
1) Why do you (the main character) think this?
2) Do you (the reader) agree with the character's assumption? Why or why not?
3) Can you imagine a way that the horse (or bug or snake) could become human again? How would they do this?
Essay Topic 2
The Unnatural part of this story is the absence of death. The reader is shown a world in which death is not a fear and where people will go to great lengths to reinsert death into life. Can you imagine a world in which there is no death? What would that world be like? Do you think people would wish to commit suicide and kill others? Why or why not? What do you think gives life meaning? Does death give meaning to life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of this story the man behind the curtain tells the brave man that true bravery is measured by whether a person can face the absence of the Creator. How do you feel about this? How would you feel if you believed all your life there was a Creator and suddenly found out there wasn't? Would you be scared? Happy? Nervous? Why would you feel the way you do? How does facing this reality show that someone is brave?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)