|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apostacy: What is God in this afterlife?
2. Prism: What do people realize about their different ages while in this afterlife?
3. Absence: What do people think may have happened to God?
4. Graveyard of the Gods: Which of these gods is not in the afterlife?
5. Conservation: Why do things change in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Impulse: In this afterlife people are the same as computer chips. What happened to people that was not anticipated by the Programmers who created them?
2. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
3. Search: What happens to the atoms in your system when you die?
4. Microbe: Why doesn't God know that man exists in this afterlife?
5. Quantum: What scenario do people find the most familiar in this afterlife?
6. Reversal: What is the difference between your remembered life and your second life that causes grief for many when they live the second time?
7. Prism: God decided to allow people to display different images of themselves in the afterlife. Much like light splitting through a prism. However, he soon discovered that this wouldn't work. Why not?
8. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
9. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
10. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
Essay Topic 2
This afterlife is run by committee. God used to run it, but began to lose control to man and the angels. After God's Heaven was taken from him he began to identify with men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Why does God feel his vision of Heaven was stolen from him?
2) What might happen to God's vision, or anyone's vision, if it is taken over by other people?
3) Who are King and Gandhi? Why does God relate to them?
Essay Topic 3
In this afterlife the reader finds that man is just part of the biology of God. Humans are basically the cells that make up God's organs. As they destroy themselves and others, they also destroy God.
How does the story of God and Man in this afterlife mirror the real life relationship between Man and the earth? Present three or four ways in which the earth (God) is being destroyed by Man's actions. Do you think the earth would be as wonderful as it is now if Man was not a part of it? Why or why not?
Do you agree with God's conclusion in this story: Everything creates itself upon the backs of smaller entities which will ultimately destroy the original entity.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)