|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prism: What problem developed as a result of God's plan?
2. Ineffable: What happens to the people in a play when the play dies?
3. Quantum: What exists in this afterlife?
4. Subjunctive: Which person will have to deal with the most versions of himself?
5. Apostacy: What does god give everyone in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
2. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
3. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
4. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
5. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
6. Search: What happens to the atoms in your system when you die?
7. Death Watch: Why would anyone feel the need to install a death switch on someone's computer?
8. Prism: God decided to allow people to display different images of themselves in the afterlife. Much like light splitting through a prism. However, he soon discovered that this wouldn't work. Why not?
9. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
10. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
Essay Topic 2
There is no afterlife in this story, but everyone gets a chance to live again. However, they find that the reality of who they were is often different than who they remembered themselves being.
1) Why do you think these people created myths about their lives the first time around?
2) Why might they be disappointed in their second chance at life?
3) Do you think the majority of people in the second life are happy or unhappy? Why?
Essay Topic 3
God is missing and no one knows where he is. To make matters worse, God has been gone for so long some in Heaven are beginning to believe he never existed to begin with. As a result wars break out that mirror the religious wars on earth. Why does this happen? What are the people in Heaven fighting over? What do the people on earth fight over? Do you think it is important for those of Heaven and earth to have a God? Why or why not?
Please base your answers on the context of the story, not on your personal religious beliefs.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)