|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impulse: Why do humans have an emotional yearning for companionship?
2. Quantum: What are people in this afterlife able to enjoy?
3. Reversal: What will happen when the universe begins to contract?
4. Conservation: Why do things change in this afterlife?
5. Incentive: Why do the actors cooperate with what is expected of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
2. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
3. Search: What happens to the atoms in your system when you die?
4. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
5. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
6. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
7. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
8. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
9. Subjunctive: What is the punishment a person faces in the afterlife if they are a failure during their living life?
10. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
Essay Topic 2
The Unnatural part of this story is the absence of death. The reader is shown a world in which death is not a fear and where people will go to great lengths to reinsert death into life. Can you imagine a world in which there is no death? What would that world be like? Do you think people would wish to commit suicide and kill others? Why or why not? What do you think gives life meaning? Does death give meaning to life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is no afterlife in this story, but everyone gets a chance to live again. However, they find that the reality of who they were is often different than who they remembered themselves being.
1) Why do you think these people created myths about their lives the first time around?
2) Why might they be disappointed in their second chance at life?
3) Do you think the majority of people in the second life are happy or unhappy? Why?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)