|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conservation: What state does the afterlife drift into?
2. Apostacy: Which people are turned away from this afterlife?
3. Absence: What do the angels look like in this afterlife?
4. Graveyard of the Gods: What else finds its way to the afterlife?
5. Impulse: Who are the "gods" in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
2. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
3. Death Watch: Why would anyone feel the need to install a death switch on someone's computer?
4. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
5. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
6. Microbe: Why doesn't God know that man exists in this afterlife?
7. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
8. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
9. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
10. Quantum: What scenario do people find the most familiar in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife the reader finds that man is just part of the biology of God. Humans are basically the cells that make up God's organs. As they destroy themselves and others, they also destroy God.
How does the story of God and Man in this afterlife mirror the real life relationship between Man and the earth? Present three or four ways in which the earth (God) is being destroyed by Man's actions. Do you think the earth would be as wonderful as it is now if Man was not a part of it? Why or why not?
Do you agree with God's conclusion in this story: Everything creates itself upon the backs of smaller entities which will ultimately destroy the original entity.
Essay Topic 2
In this story there are two kinds of people Actors and Beneficiaries. Actors are dead people who populate the lives of Beneficiaries, their job is to help the Beneficiaries who are still living. The actors don't like their job, but do it in the hopes that they too can be Beneficiaries some day.
1) Why would someone want to be a Beneficiary?
2) Exactly how are they "benefiting" from the deceit of the actors?
3) Would you rather be an Actor or a Beneficiary? Why?
Essay Topic 3
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)