|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Graveyard of the Gods: What else finds its way to the afterlife?
2. Blueprints: What are people given the opportunity to view in this afterlife?
3. Microbe: What does God think about man?
4. Prism: How does God solve his problem?
5. Seed: How does God behave in the afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Quantum: What scenario do people find the most familiar in this afterlife?
2. Conservation: Eventually the quark must rest and recover the energy it needs to keep the universe going. What happens to the afterlife when the quark goes into the period of "incompleteness"?
3. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
4. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
5. Absence: How does the absence of God contribute to the wars that break out in the afterlife?
6. Subjunctive: What is the punishment a person faces in the afterlife if they are a failure during their living life?
7. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
8. Ineffable: In this afterlife everything dies. People die, plays die, furniture dies. However, what is unique about these things in the afterlife?
9. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
10. Search: What happens to the atoms in your system when you die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this story God is a woman who wishes to provide those entering the afterlife with the Book of Truth, a book that reveals all the answers they have been looking for. She forces any apostates to leave Heaven out of fear that they will impart people with this knowledge before she can. This God seems fairly vain and self-serving. Why do you think that is? Do you think it is significant that the author made this god a woman? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
Essay Topic 3
This afterlife is run by committee. God used to run it, but began to lose control to man and the angels. After God's Heaven was taken from him he began to identify with men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Why does God feel his vision of Heaven was stolen from him?
2) What might happen to God's vision, or anyone's vision, if it is taken over by other people?
3) Who are King and Gandhi? Why does God relate to them?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)