|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blueprints: What do the Punishers use the code for?
2. Graveyard of the Gods: What else finds its way to the afterlife?
3. Quantum: People in this afterlife live __________________.
4. Graveyard of the Gods: Which of these gods is not in the afterlife?
5. Seed: How does God behave in the afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
2. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
3. Conservation: Eventually the quark must rest and recover the energy it needs to keep the universe going. What happens to the afterlife when the quark goes into the period of "incompleteness"?
4. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
5. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
6. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
7. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
8. Incentive: Why do actors often resent their job?
9. Death Watch: Why would anyone feel the need to install a death switch on someone's computer?
10. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Collectors have created human beings in an effort to understand why some things stick together. They study man to discover why some human relationships work while others fail. So far their experiment has been both costly and time consuming as they still are baffled by human relationships.
1) List the reasons in the story that people stay together in relationships.
2) List the reasons in the story that people break off relationships.
Pretend you are the Collector who must come to a final conclusion about human adhesion once and for all. What do you conclude is the reason man forms lasting relationships? Why do they form impermanent ones? Explain your answer using evidence the Collectors have in the story.
Essay Topic 2
In this story God is so vast that the beings in her universe feel it is pointless to try and communicate with her. The being in the story states that the size difference between the Giantess and the beings trying to influence her was too large for them to really communicate. Do you think this is true? Is their size difference the reason the Giantess destroyed planets and elements when they sent her a message? What else may have made the Giantess behave in the way she did?
In other words, how might the princely-looking man be wrong in his interpretations of the Giantess's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)