|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Incentive: What happens to you upon death?
2. Death Watch: What became difficult for people who were still alive?
3. Impulse: In this story, people are the same as?
4. Seed: How did God come to create man?
5. Death Watch: What happens when a computer has been idle for a number of days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
2. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
3. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
4. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
5. Ineffable: In this afterlife everything dies. People die, plays die, furniture dies. However, what is unique about these things in the afterlife?
6. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
7. Conservation: Eventually the quark must rest and recover the energy it needs to keep the universe going. What happens to the afterlife when the quark goes into the period of "incompleteness"?
8. Reversal: What is the difference between your remembered life and your second life that causes grief for many when they live the second time?
9. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
10. Microbe: Why doesn't God know that man exists in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
Essay Topic 2
God has slipped into seclusion because he is afraid that he will disappoint man. You see, he created man by complete accident. As man becomes smarter it is harder for God to impress him.
What do you think about this? Do you think science has made it harder for people to be impressed by God? Why or why not? Should God feel like an amateur magician because his creation of man was a mistake? Should he feel good because man is a great creation? Why do you feel the way you do?
Please keep your answers within the context of the story.
Essay Topic 3
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)