|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impulse: What is the afterlife like for humans?
2. Seed: How does God behave in the afterlife?
3. Quantum: People in this afterlife live __________________.
4. Microbe: What does God think about man?
5. Prism: What was God worried about when this afterlife was created?
Short Essay Questions
1. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
2. Absence: How does the absence of God contribute to the wars that break out in the afterlife?
3. Quantum: What scenario do people find the most familiar in this afterlife?
4. Impulse: In this afterlife people are the same as computer chips. What happened to people that was not anticipated by the Programmers who created them?
5. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
6. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
7. Death Watch: Why would anyone feel the need to install a death switch on someone's computer?
8. Incentive: Why do actors often resent their job?
9. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
10. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
Essay Topic 2
Everything in this story goes to an afterlife when it dies. That includes people, furniture and court sessions. Even our cells go to their own afterlife when we die.
How do you think this is possible? Does this mean that everything has a soul? An energy? A life on earth? Why do you think the way you do?
Essay Topic 3
In this story there are two kinds of people Actors and Beneficiaries. Actors are dead people who populate the lives of Beneficiaries, their job is to help the Beneficiaries who are still living. The actors don't like their job, but do it in the hopes that they too can be Beneficiaries some day.
1) Why would someone want to be a Beneficiary?
2) Exactly how are they "benefiting" from the deceit of the actors?
3) Would you rather be an Actor or a Beneficiary? Why?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)