|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Search: Why do the cells eventually disperse again?
2. Narcisuss: What is in the holy book carried around by cartographers?
3. Incentive: What happens to you upon death?
4. Impulse: Why do humans have an emotional yearning for companionship?
5. Encore: What has helped this afterlife flourish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
2. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
3. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
4. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
5. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
6. Absence: How does the absence of God contribute to the wars that break out in the afterlife?
7. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
8. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
9. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
10. Microbe: Why doesn't God know that man exists in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This afterlife is run by committee. God used to run it, but began to lose control to man and the angels. After God's Heaven was taken from him he began to identify with men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Why does God feel his vision of Heaven was stolen from him?
2) What might happen to God's vision, or anyone's vision, if it is taken over by other people?
3) Who are King and Gandhi? Why does God relate to them?
Essay Topic 2
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
Essay Topic 3
The Collectors have created human beings in an effort to understand why some things stick together. They study man to discover why some human relationships work while others fail. So far their experiment has been both costly and time consuming as they still are baffled by human relationships.
1) List the reasons in the story that people stay together in relationships.
2) List the reasons in the story that people break off relationships.
Pretend you are the Collector who must come to a final conclusion about human adhesion once and for all. What do you conclude is the reason man forms lasting relationships? Why do they form impermanent ones? Explain your answer using evidence the Collectors have in the story.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)