|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impulse: What is the afterlife like for humans?
2. Impulse: Why do humans have an emotional yearning for companionship?
3. Reversal: What happens to everyone who dies?
4. Seed: What has happened now that people have become smarter?
5. Search: Why do the cells eventually disperse again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
2. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
3. Absence: How does the absence of God contribute to the wars that break out in the afterlife?
4. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
5. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
6. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
7. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
8. Death Watch: How did the death switch become a problem for those who are alive?
9. Impulse: In this afterlife people are the same as computer chips. What happened to people that was not anticipated by the Programmers who created them?
10. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This afterlife is run by committee. God used to run it, but began to lose control to man and the angels. After God's Heaven was taken from him he began to identify with men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Why does God feel his vision of Heaven was stolen from him?
2) What might happen to God's vision, or anyone's vision, if it is taken over by other people?
3) Who are King and Gandhi? Why does God relate to them?
Essay Topic 2
The Cartographers have created man to help them map the earth. Man is equipped with cameras with which to view the terrain and bring images back to the Cartographers in the afterlife. But man ends up disappointing their creators. How does man disappoint the Cartographers? Why is man more interested in other people than in the earth? If this were a real scenario, do you think it would really happen this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)