|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prism: How does God solve his problem?
2. Subjunctive: What are people judged on in this afterlife?
3. Impulse: Who are the "gods" in this afterlife?
4. Search: What happens to your cells as they drift?
5. Will-o-the-Wisp: What is in the lounge in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
2. Absence: What has happened to the afterlife in this story?
3. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
4. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
5. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
6. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
7. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
8. Impulse: In this afterlife people are the same as computer chips. What happened to people that was not anticipated by the Programmers who created them?
9. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
10. Microbe: Why doesn't God know that man exists in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
God is missing and no one knows where he is. To make matters worse, God has been gone for so long some in Heaven are beginning to believe he never existed to begin with. As a result wars break out that mirror the religious wars on earth. Why does this happen? What are the people in Heaven fighting over? What do the people on earth fight over? Do you think it is important for those of Heaven and earth to have a God? Why or why not?
Please base your answers on the context of the story, not on your personal religious beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Descent of Species:
In this story your last coherent thought, before you become a horse, you realize that in another life you must have been an alien who wanted to be human.
1) Why do you (the main character) think this?
2) Do you (the reader) agree with the character's assumption? Why or why not?
3) Can you imagine a way that the horse (or bug or snake) could become human again? How would they do this?
Essay Topic 3
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)