|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ineffable: What happens to a play or a conflict when it ends?
2. Quantum: What does the angel notice about the people in this afterlife?
3. Narcisuss: How are humans equipped to take high quality pictures?
4. Reversal: When will everyone live again?
5. Quantum: What exists in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Subjunctive: What is the punishment a person faces in the afterlife if they are a failure during their living life?
2. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
3. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
4. Search: What happens to the atoms in your system when you die?
5. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
6. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
7. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
8. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
9. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
10. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
God has slipped into seclusion because he is afraid that he will disappoint man. You see, he created man by complete accident. As man becomes smarter it is harder for God to impress him.
What do you think about this? Do you think science has made it harder for people to be impressed by God? Why or why not? Should God feel like an amateur magician because his creation of man was a mistake? Should he feel good because man is a great creation? Why do you feel the way you do?
Please keep your answers within the context of the story.
Essay Topic 2
In this story God is a woman who wishes to provide those entering the afterlife with the Book of Truth, a book that reveals all the answers they have been looking for. She forces any apostates to leave Heaven out of fear that they will impart people with this knowledge before she can. This God seems fairly vain and self-serving. Why do you think that is? Do you think it is significant that the author made this god a woman? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In this story God is so vast that the beings in her universe feel it is pointless to try and communicate with her. The being in the story states that the size difference between the Giantess and the beings trying to influence her was too large for them to really communicate. Do you think this is true? Is their size difference the reason the Giantess destroyed planets and elements when they sent her a message? What else may have made the Giantess behave in the way she did?
In other words, how might the princely-looking man be wrong in his interpretations of the Giantess's reaction?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)