|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ineffable: What happens to a play or a conflict when it ends?
2. Impulse: Why do humans have an emotional yearning for companionship?
3. Seed: What has happened now that people have become smarter?
4. Pantheon: How do the gods feel about people?
5. Subjunctive: Which person will have to deal with the most versions of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
2. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
3. Death Watch: How did the death switch become a problem for those who are alive?
4. Incentive: Why do the actors in this afterlife wish to be Beneficiaries?
5. Subjunctive: How is a person judged in this afterlife?
6. Reversal: What is the difference between your remembered life and your second life that causes grief for many when they live the second time?
7. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
8. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
9. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
10. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
God has slipped into seclusion because he is afraid that he will disappoint man. You see, he created man by complete accident. As man becomes smarter it is harder for God to impress him.
What do you think about this? Do you think science has made it harder for people to be impressed by God? Why or why not? Should God feel like an amateur magician because his creation of man was a mistake? Should he feel good because man is a great creation? Why do you feel the way you do?
Please keep your answers within the context of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
Essay Topic 3
The god in this story finds herself torn about how to judge people. She realizes that no one is all good or all bad; as a result Heaven is filled with people who feel that they are each in their own kind of hell. Why are the people in Heaven unhappy? What is it about their personalities and their earthly lives that makes them unable to get along with each other? What would you have done if you were this god?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)