|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blueprints: Who gives out the gift of revelation in this afterlife?
2. Incentive: Who are some of the people in your life?
3. Blueprints: Whose numbers can people see?
4. Impulse: Why do humans have an emotional yearning for companionship?
5. Graveyard of the Gods: Which of these gods is not in the afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
2. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
3. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
4. Impulse: In this afterlife people are the same as computer chips. What happened to people that was not anticipated by the Programmers who created them?
5. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
6. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
7. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
8. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
9. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
10. Quantum: What scenario do people find the most familiar in this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
Essay Topic 2
In this story God is a woman who wishes to provide those entering the afterlife with the Book of Truth, a book that reveals all the answers they have been looking for. She forces any apostates to leave Heaven out of fear that they will impart people with this knowledge before she can. This God seems fairly vain and self-serving. Why do you think that is? Do you think it is significant that the author made this god a woman? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In this afterlife the reader finds that man is just part of the biology of God. Humans are basically the cells that make up God's organs. As they destroy themselves and others, they also destroy God.
How does the story of God and Man in this afterlife mirror the real life relationship between Man and the earth? Present three or four ways in which the earth (God) is being destroyed by Man's actions. Do you think the earth would be as wonderful as it is now if Man was not a part of it? Why or why not?
Do you agree with God's conclusion in this story: Everything creates itself upon the backs of smaller entities which will ultimately destroy the original entity.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)