|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Narcisuss: What is in the holy book carried around by cartographers?
2. Seed: What did humans develop from?
3. Search: What happens to your cells as they drift?
4. Pantheon: Who are the only beings these gods can empathize with?
5. Incentive: Who are some of the people in your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
2. Prism: God decided to allow people to display different images of themselves in the afterlife. Much like light splitting through a prism. However, he soon discovered that this wouldn't work. Why not?
3. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
4. Absence: How does the absence of God contribute to the wars that break out in the afterlife?
5. Search: What happens to the atoms in your system when you die?
6. Incentive: Why do actors often resent their job?
7. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
8. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
9. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
10. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife the reader finds that man is just part of the biology of God. Humans are basically the cells that make up God's organs. As they destroy themselves and others, they also destroy God.
How does the story of God and Man in this afterlife mirror the real life relationship between Man and the earth? Present three or four ways in which the earth (God) is being destroyed by Man's actions. Do you think the earth would be as wonderful as it is now if Man was not a part of it? Why or why not?
Do you agree with God's conclusion in this story: Everything creates itself upon the backs of smaller entities which will ultimately destroy the original entity.
Essay Topic 2
The god in this story finds herself torn about how to judge people. She realizes that no one is all good or all bad; as a result Heaven is filled with people who feel that they are each in their own kind of hell. Why are the people in Heaven unhappy? What is it about their personalities and their earthly lives that makes them unable to get along with each other? What would you have done if you were this god?
Essay Topic 3
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)