|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thaddeus think a man is meant to feel?
2. Why would Chiquita never keep a child?
3. Why does the old man frighten Chiquita?
4. Who is going to get Daniel's car?
5. What do Valerie and Daniel do in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Chiquita believe her story?
2. What does Chiquita realize at this moment?
3. Why does Valerie decide to go to Canada?
4. Why does Chiquita approach Raymond?
5. What surprises Inda when she goes to Chiquita's room?
6. What motivates Chiquita to find her mother?
7. Why is making Chiquita feel uncomfortable?
8. Why did Bae-Bae's neglect Chiquita?
9. What happens when Inda and Brown decide to leave?
10. What does Chiquita suggest Inda to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If the book were made into a film, how would Dickey's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
Essay Topic 2
How differently does Daniel react to his failed marriage? What does this say about the infidelity between genders?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)