|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Gwen?
2. What type of dog did Valerie's family own?
3. What do Valerie and Daniel do in bed?
4. Which funeral did Chiquita's mother not attend?
5. What does Thaddeus think a man is meant to feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bae-Bae's neglect Chiquita?
2. What does Valerie do after she leaves?
3. Why does Chiquita approach Raymond?
4. What does Chiquita realize at this moment?
5. How does Chiquita explain the situation?
6. What did Chiquita and Brown actually do?
7. When does Valerie light the match?
8. What does Chiquita tell Inda in the bathroom?
9. What happens in the mall?
10. How does this meeting between Chiquita and Bae-Bae go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Chiquita's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Chiquita hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Chiquita's ideas about life?
3. How has Chiquita's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Valerie's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Valerie hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Valerie's ideas about life?
3. How has Valerie's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What do the the failed marriages of Valerie and Inda symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story that the two marriages don't work out?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)