|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chiquita feel with her fancy clothes on?
2. What does BET show after midnight?
3. What stops Inda from pulling out her gun?
4. Why does Inda have Roscoe?
5. How does Valerie feel in Daniel's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chiquita and Brown actually do?
2. Why did Bae-Bae's neglect Chiquita?
3. What happens when Inda and Brown decide to leave?
4. What happens in the mall?
5. Why does Chiquita approach Raymond?
6. Does Chiquita believe her story?
7. Why did Chiquita stop seeing Brown?
8. What motivates Chiquita to find her mother?
9. What is the state of Valerie and Brown's love lives?
10. What does Valerie do after she leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How differently do the women react when they find out they are being cheated on? What does this say about gender relations?
Essay Topic 2
What do Valerie's problems with Walter teach her about life? Why does Valerie need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)