|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Raylette never call Chiquita?
(a) She didn't have her number.
(b) She cannot afford to pay for a telephone.
(c) Big Momma and Big Poppa didn't let her.
(d) She felt too ashamed to call.
2. What stops Inda from pulling out her gun?
(a) Chiquita holding her arms at the elbows.
(b) She realizes that it is empty.
(c) The police arrive.
(d) Walter decides to cooperate.
3. Why does Michael live in LA?
(a) He likes the ocean.
(b) It has low crime.
(c) He likes a colorful environment.
(d) It has cheap rent.
4. What has Chiquita never talked about?
(a) Her fear of flying.
(b) Her first sexual experience.
(c) Her family.
(d) The time she got pregnant.
5. What is Raymond elusive about?
(a) His relationship with Gina.
(b) His relationship with Valerie.
(c) His relationship with Derek.
(d) His financial situation.
6. How does Valerie feel in Daniel's apartment?
7. What color is Daniel's carpet?
(a) Sea blue.
(b) Leaf green.
(c) Olive green.
(d) Powder blue.
8. What do Valerie and Daniel do in bed?
(a) They make love.
(b) They kiss for hours.
(c) They stay up the whole night talking.
(d) They just fall asleep.
9. Where has Inda never made love?
(a) At work.
(b) At the park.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a car.
10. When does Thaddeus look like his father?
(a) When he struts around arrogantly.
(b) When his face gets stern.
(c) When he loses weight.
(d) When he shows off his stomach.
11. Which part of the south is Chiquita from?
12. What impression does the old man give of Chiquita's mother's house?
(a) It is an empty lot.
(b) He does not care about it at all.
(c) It should be filled with broken glasses and rubbish.
(d) It is the most important thing on the block.
13. Why does the old man frighten Chiquita?
(a) His walking stick is covered in blood.
(b) He has a gun.
(c) He screams wildly at her.
(d) He doesn't move.
14. What drink does Valerie find still warm when she returns to Inda's place?
(a) Banana smoothie.
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Peppermint tea.
(d) Hazelnut coffee.
15. Why does Inda think that Chiquita had a good experience?
(a) Her stupid grin.
(b) Her bouncy walk.
(c) Her bright eyes.
(d) Her chirpy voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of receding hairline do Walter's brother have?
2. How does Thaddeus surprise Chiquita?
3. Where was Martin Luther King assassinated?
4. Why does Inda's mother turn up her nose?
5. Who does Inda think you never sleep with?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)