|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of moving truck does Inda spot Walter in?
2. What does Chiquita get easily?
(c) Sore muscles.
3. Why does Daniel have so little furniture?
(a) His ex-wife took all the furniture.
(b) There was a fire in his apartment.
(c) He has sold it all.
(d) He was robbed.
4. Why did Raylette never call Chiquita?
(a) She felt too ashamed to call.
(b) Big Momma and Big Poppa didn't let her.
(c) She didn't have her number.
(d) She cannot afford to pay for a telephone.
5. When does Thaddeus look like his father?
(a) When he loses weight.
(b) When he shows off his stomach.
(c) When he struts around arrogantly.
(d) When his face gets stern.
6. What type of dog did Valerie's family own?
(a) A collie like Lassie.
(b) A small chihuahua.
(c) A German shepherd.
(d) A golden retriever.
7. When does a woman know that something is wrong in her life?
(a) Her boyfriend doesn't leave messages on the answering machine.
(b) Her cat disappears.
(c) Her heel breaks.
(d) Her stocking rips.
8. What makes Inda's mind go blank?
(a) Michael's offer to help.
(b) Thaddeus's worried eyes.
(c) The police are after Valerie.
(d) Her phone ringing.
9. Why does Chiquita not want to get married?
(a) She does not believe in marriage.
(b) She doesn't want to share her life with anyone.
(c) She is scared of commitment.
(d) She does not want to give her mom a son-in-law.
10. What makes it easier for Chiquita to tell Inda about her mother?
(a) The beautiful weather.
(b) Inda is still a stranger.
(c) Lots of champagne.
(d) Inda has the same problems.
11. What is the last thing Chiquita gives Raylette?
(a) An apology for showing up.
(b) Sixty dollars.
(c) Her phone number.
(d) A slap on the face.
12. What causes Carlton's disappearance?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An aftershock.
(d) A hurricane.
13. Why does the old man frighten Chiquita?
(a) He doesn't move.
(b) He screams wildly at her.
(c) He has a gun.
(d) His walking stick is covered in blood.
14. What does Chiquita know about men?
(a) Their favorite meal.
(b) Their weakness.
(c) Their physical strength.
(d) Their worst habit.
15. What drink does Valerie find still warm when she returns to Inda's place?
(a) Banana smoothie.
(b) Peppermint tea.
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) Hazelnut coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Inda have Roscoe?
2. Which part of the south is Chiquita from?
3. What does Chiquita mean in Spanish?
4. What makes Inda feel ashamed?
5. What does Chiquita offer to do?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)