|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kate that Marlow thinks the house is an inn?
(a) Mr. Hardcastle.
(b) The maid.
2. What does Mrs. Hardcastle promise to give Constance right away?
(a) Her garnets.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A trip to her aunt's house in London.
(d) The jewels.
3. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
(a) She asks of he thinks she's wearing a mask.
(b) She runs behind a large chair.
(c) She asks if he is in need of glasses.
(d) She asks if he is trying to guess her age the way they do horses.
4. What does Marlow do with the jewels?
(a) He hides them under the bed.
(b) Not knowing what they are, he deposits them with Mrs. Hardcastle.
(c) He puts them in his locked luggage.
(d) He puts them in thleir carriage.
5. What does Tony tell his mother when he spies Mr. Hardcastle walking that way?
(a) He tells her to go back to the horsepond and wait for him.
(b) He tells her there are a gang of thieves headed their way.
(c) He tells her to hide and he will stand guard.
(d) He tells her a highwayman is coming and she should hide in the thicket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marlow say he saw Kate?
2. What is in the letter?
3. What does the maid question about Kate's plan?
4. What does Sir Charles say will happen if what Kate has said turns out to be true?
5. How does Hardcastle give Marlow a hard time?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)