|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Charles say will happen if what Kate has said turns out to be true?
(a) He will confront his son with a pistol.
(b) All his happiness with his son shall come to an end.
(c) He will send his son to an asylum.
(d) He will allow Hardcastle to chastize his son.
2. What does Marlow do with the jewels?
(a) He hides them under the bed.
(b) Not knowing what they are, he deposits them with Mrs. Hardcastle.
(c) He puts them in thleir carriage.
(d) He puts them in his locked luggage.
3. Why does Hastings say they must hurry if they plan to elope?
(a) Because there will be guards when Sir Charles arrives.
(b) Because Sir Charles knows Hastings and would say too much.
(c) Because young Marlow will discover his mistake and be angry.
(d) Because everyone will be watching closely when Sir Charles arrives.
4. Why does Marlow insist the house is his?
(a) He still thinks it is an inn and that he is paying for everything.
(b) He thinks the real owner will put Hardcastle out.
(c) He thinks he has bought the house.
(d) He thinks the house belongs to his father.
5. What does Tony tell his mother when he spies Mr. Hardcastle walking that way?
(a) He tells her to hide and he will stand guard.
(b) He tells her a highwayman is coming and she should hide in the thicket.
(c) He tells her there are a gang of thieves headed their way.
(d) He tells her to go back to the horsepond and wait for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Hardcastle while Mrs. Hardcastle is leaving with Constance?
2. When Hardcastle cannot stand any more, what does he do?
3. How many times does Marlow insist he had an interview with Kate?
4. What does Marlow do in front of his father?
5. What does the maid tell Kate that Marlow thinks.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)