|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
(a) She asks if he is in need of glasses.
(b) She asks of he thinks she's wearing a mask.
(c) She asks if he is trying to guess her age the way they do horses.
(d) She runs behind a large chair.
2. What does Kate say to herself about Marlow.
(a) That he must leave at once.
(b) That he was the one she had stooped to conquer.
(c) That he is worse than she thought.
(d) That her father will not believe his story.
3. When Marlow enters, who gets the blame for all the trouble in the house?
(a) Mr. Hardcastle.
(d) Mrs. Hardcastle.
4. What does Mrs. Hardcastle discover when she goes to help Tony with the robber?
(a) Tony is fighting a bush.
(b) There are three men jumping on Tony.
(c) It is Hastings and Constance trying to get away.
(d) It is Mr. Hardcastle and not a robber at all.
5. How is Hastings shocked by Marlow?
(a) He learns that Marlow is leaving Liberty Hall with the barmaid.
(b) Marlow tells him that the barmaid is waiting for him in his room.
(c) He finds out that Marlow sent the casket of jewels to the landlady.
(d) He sees that Marlow has no intention of marrying Miss Hardcastle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sir Charles questions Kate, what does she say about his son's behavior toward her?
2. What does Kate think will be her father's reaction when he hears the whole story?
3. Where does Tony tell his mother that they are located?
4. When Tony hands the letter to his mother, what does Constance do?
5. How many times does Marlow insist he had an interview with Kate?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)