|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the maid question about Kate's plan?
(a) Whether Kate can get her father to agree to her plan.
(b) Whether she can act the part of a barmaid.
(c) Whether Constance will go along with the sceme.
(d) Whether Marlow will stay in the house.
2. Who comes up with a plan to save the day?
3. What does the maid tell Kate that Marlow thinks.
(a) He thinks Kate is the barmaid.
(b) He thinks it is all a joke.
(c) He thinks Miss Neville is Kate.
(d) He thinks he is a fool for coming here.
4. What does Kate convince her father to do?
(a) Help her make Marlow make a fool of himself.
(b) Give her time to prove that Marlow really is a modest gentleman.
(c) Invite Marlow to return to the house as often as he likes.
(d) Let her have her fun with Marlow before telling him who she is.
5. What is Kate's plan for Marlow?
(a) She plans to trick Marlow into marrying her.
(b) She plans to make Marlow think she loves Hastings.
(c) She plans to pretend to be Kate's sister.
(d) She plans to keep up his delusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be the only solution for Constance and Hastings?
2. Who puts Marlow straight about the house?
3. When Hardcastle runs into Marlow, why is he upset?
4. What does Tony do when his mother is so upset?
5. What subterfuge do Constance and Tony carry out when Mrs. Hardcastle is in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Marlow and Hastings after Mrs. Hardcastle gets possession of the jewels once again?
2. After Marlow leaves and Kate enters the room, what is the conversation she has with the two gentlemen?
3. What is the act Tony and Constance put on for Mrs. Hardcastle's benefit?
4. How does Mr. Hardcastle react to seeing Marlow holding his daughter's hand?
5. How does Kate discover the misunderstanding that has been going on in the house?
6. When Constance cannot think of any more to read from the note, she crumples it up and hands it back to Tony. Why does he hand it back to his mother?
7. Why have Marlow's servants all gotten drunk to the great displeasure of Mr. Hardcastle?
8. While the three of them--Mrs. Hardcastle, Tony, and Constance--are talking, what is the unexpected turn of events?
9. Explain how the jewels end back up with Mrs. Hardcastle.
10. There is a great deal of shouting at one another about Tony's latest deception. What does Tony say that Mr. Hardcastle has to agree with?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)