|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sir Charles questions Kate, what does she say about his son's behavior toward her?
(a) She says he pressed her to elope with him.
(b) She says he stammered and stuttered and made eyes at her.
(c) She says that he talked like he would talk to a barmaid.
(d) She says he gave the standard courtship speech and professed his love.
2. What does Tony say to Constance about the jewels now back with his mother.
(a) That his mother will force them to marry now that she has the jewels.
(b) That he doesn't know where she has put them this time.
(c) That she can steal them this time.
(d) That Hastings will have to steal them again.
3. What fate is Hastings resigned to as he and Constance go back to the house.
(a) Being confronted by Sir Charles.
(b) Going to prison for stealing the jewels.
(c) Losing Constance to Tony.
(d) Waiting three years before they can marry.
4. After Marlow runs from the room, how does Hardcastle confront his daughter.
(a) He shames her for lying to him.
(b) He laughs at the ridiculous scene he just witnessed.
(c) He asks what she is up to.
(d) He tells her to go put on her finery.
5. What is Kate's plan for Marlow?
(a) She plans to pretend to be Kate's sister.
(b) She plans to make Marlow think she loves Hastings.
(c) She plans to keep up his delusion.
(d) She plans to trick Marlow into marrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hardcastle not recognize as Tony and Constance banter back and forth?
2. What does the maid tell Kate that Marlow thinks.
3. Why does Mr. Hardcastle not go back into the house?
4. What does Jeremy, Marlow's servant, verify?
5. What does Constance attempt to do?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)