Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's response as Marlow moves closer to her?
(a) She asks if he is in need of glasses.
(b) She asks of he thinks she's wearing a mask.
(c) She asks if he is trying to guess her age the way they do horses.
(d) She runs behind a large chair.
2. What does Kate say to herself about Marlow.
(a) That he must leave at once.
(b) That he was the one she had stooped to conquer.
(c) That he is worse than she thought.
(d) That her father will not believe his story.
3. When Marlow enters, who gets the blame for all the trouble in the house?
(a) Mr. Hardcastle.
(d) Mrs. Hardcastle.
4. What does Mrs. Hardcastle discover when she goes to help Tony with the robber?
(a) Tony is fighting a bush.
(b) There are three men jumping on Tony.
(c) It is Hastings and Constance trying to get away.
(d) It is Mr. Hardcastle and not a robber at all.
5. How is Hastings shocked by Marlow?
(a) He learns that Marlow is leaving Liberty Hall with the barmaid.
(b) Marlow tells him that the barmaid is waiting for him in his room.
(c) He finds out that Marlow sent the casket of jewels to the landlady.
(d) He sees that Marlow has no intention of marrying Miss Hardcastle.
6. When Sir Charles questions Kate, what does she say about his son's behavior toward her?
(a) She says he pressed her to elope with him.
(b) She says he stammered and stuttered and made eyes at her.
(c) She says that he talked like he would talk to a barmaid.
(d) She says he gave the standard courtship speech and professed his love.
7. What does Kate think will be her father's reaction when he hears the whole story?
(a) That he will have a heart attack and die.
(b) That he won't believe a word of it.
(c) That he will laugh Marlow out of his resolve to leave.
(d) That he will be furious with Tony and Hastings.
8. Where does Tony tell his mother that they are located?
(a) Just on the outskirts of London but they need help.
(b) About twenty miles from their house where the road made a hard turn they had missed.
(c) About forty miles from home in a dangerous place for robbers.
(d) He tells her he has no idea where they are because things happened so fast.
9. When Tony hands the letter to his mother, what does Constance do?
(a) She calls Mrs. Hardcastle mother and says she should help her.
(b) She faints.
(c) She says that she hears Mr. Hardcastle coming.
(d) She snatches the letter away and pretends to read.
10. How many times does Marlow insist he had an interview with Kate?
(b) Only two.
(d) Three or four.
11. What does Marlow now fear?
(a) That Kate will not show him her embroidery.
(b) That his father will disinherit him.
(c) That now he will be forced to marry Miss Hardcastle.
(d) That he will be drawn in characature and made fun of.
12. When Mrs. Hardcastle drags herself to where Tony is, what does he try to make her believe?
(a) It was her fault for insisting on leaving in the middle of the night.
(b) The road to London had washed out in a flash flood.
(c) They are near London and should get help getting the carriage out of the pond.
(d) The horses were trained to find the way home.
13. What does Kate convince her father to do?
(a) Let her have her fun with Marlow before telling him who she is.
(b) Help her make Marlow make a fool of himself.
(c) Give her time to prove that Marlow really is a modest gentleman.
(d) Invite Marlow to return to the house as often as he likes.
14. What is Kate's plan for Marlow?
(a) She plans to pretend to be Kate's sister.
(b) She plans to keep up his delusion.
(c) She plans to trick Marlow into marrying her.
(d) She plans to make Marlow think she loves Hastings.
15. When Kate arrives, how does her testimony conflict with young Marlow's?
(a) She says that they have met many times.
(b) She says that they never met.
(c) She says that he proposed marriage and she turned him down.
(d) She says that he insulted her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time-consuming action had Tony taken on the ride?
2. Tony thinks Constance has not read all of the letter, so what does he do?
3. How does Marlow say he saw Kate?
4. What has Tony done with his mother and Constance?
5. What does Tony suggest to Hastings?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)