Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. As the play opens, who are the two characters who enter from the right?
2. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's complaint with her husband?
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
4. What does Mrs. Hardcastle say their mansion looks like?
5. What is Mr. Hardcastle's response to Mrs. Hardcastle's complaining that he only likes old things.
6. What argument does the subject of age bring up between the Hardcastles?
7. Who does Mrs. Hardcastle dote on?
8. When Mrs. Hardcastle tries to get Tony to say home one night, where is he planning to go?
9. What does Mr. Hardcastle tell his wife when she suggests...
This section contains 2,068 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)