1. As the play opens, who are the two characters who enter from the right?
(a) The maid and Mrs. Hardcastle
(b) Kate and Marlow
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Hardcastle
(d) Marlow and Hastings
2. What is Mrs. Hardcastle's complaint with her husband?
(a) They never have company come to the house.
(b) He has no taste in furniture.
(c) He doesn't dress for dinner.
(d) They do not travel to town now and then.
3. What does Mr. Hardcastle say the neighbors bring back from their trips to town?
(a) Useless furniture and ugly paintings.
(b) Vanity and affectation.
(c) Bills and bad dispositions.
(d) Things for which they have no use.
4. What does Mrs. Hardcastle say their mansion looks like?
(a) A barracks.
(b) An inn.
(c) A barn.
(d) A museum.
5. What is Mr. Hardcastle's response to Mrs. Hardcastle's complaining that he only likes old things.
(a) He says she knows he just bought a new horse.
(b) He says she just does not know the value of antiques.
(c) He says she will have to own that he is pretty fond of an old wife.
(d) He says she thinks anything bought last month is old.
This section contains 7,566 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)