Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
2. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
Compare and contrast how English aristocrats dominated and sustained their localities with how American aristocrats related to their localities.
The revolutionaries' desire had been to remove all private interests from government, but by the 1790s private interest so pervaded Congress and statehouses that Americans found it almost impossible to conceive of disinterested officials. Using Timothy Ford's example of dealings in South Carolina, explain how special interests replaced the original republican goals of keeping private interests out of the government.
Compare and contrast the monarchical power in England's government with its power in the colonial government before the revolution.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)