|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the Continental Congress?
2. By 1820, which territories had doubled the size of America?
3. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
4. Who believed that each individual was responsible for his or her eternal salvation or damnation?
5. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the monarchical power in England's government with its power in the colonial government before the revolution.
Essay Topic 2
How did the American Revolution change the American people? Specifically, what is the difference between a person who is subject to a monarch and one who is a citizen in a republican nation?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas Hutchinson, a colonial magistrate and the royal governor of the Massachusetts Bay colony during the Boston Tea Party, was one of the most learned and refined men in all of North America. By the early 1770s he was thoroughly hated by the colonists. Explain his colonial history until just before the Revolution and enumerate the reasons he was so hated and his reactions to those who hated him.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)