|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
2. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
3. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
4. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
5. When did Americans begin to call for the boycotting of British goods?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the monarchical power in England's government with its power in the colonial government before the revolution.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the life and leisure of the aristocracy to the life and labor of the common people in colonial America before the revolution.
Essay Topic 3
How did the republicanism of the English constitution make the English monarchy unique among the other European monarchies and hold both monarchical and republican values together in the English culture?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)