|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a surrogate religion for colonial Americans suspicious of traditional Christianity?
2. Who called traditional ties of a monarchical society "bonds of blood, family, and personal influence"?
3. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
4. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
5. What did the revolutionaries mean when they said they supported equality?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the life and leisure of the aristocracy to the life and labor of the common people in colonial America before the revolution.
Essay Topic 2
What considerations and decisions by others and George Washington, himself, led to Washington's nomination to be President?
Essay Topic 3
Samuel Blodget taught that common economic interest was the best adhesive a society could have. Explain Blodget's four 'social ties' and how they related to 19th century American economy.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)