Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
2. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
Samuel Blodget taught that common economic interest was the best adhesive a society could have. Explain Blodget's four 'social ties' and how they related to 19th century American economy.
Contrast American competition for public office with that kind of competition in England. What about the new American government led to the differences? How did political parties exacerbate the competition? How did politicians' ultimate view of office differ from the British view of office?
How was the paternal, face-to-face nature of early colonial American society demonstrated by Henry Laurens' acts during the Stamp Act riot in 1765? What specifically did he do and what was the reaction of the rioters? How did the outcome reveal the intact hierarchical structure?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)