|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
2. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
Essay Topic 1
In the final years of his life, Thomas Jefferson was in despair over the direction America was taking. What did he hate about the changing nation? What did he see as regression rather than progress? What future did he foresee?
Essay Topic 2
The monarchy's social cement of family, force, patronage, and dependence had made it powerful. After the revolution, what new social adhesive in colonial America replaced the monarchy? How was this replacement accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas Hutchinson, a colonial magistrate and the royal governor of the Massachusetts Bay colony during the Boston Tea Party, was one of the most learned and refined men in all of North America. By the early 1770s he was thoroughly hated by the colonists. Explain his colonial history until just before the Revolution and enumerate the reasons he was so hated and his reactions to those who hated him.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)