Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
2. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
Essay Topic 1
Samuel Blodget taught that common economic interest was the best adhesive a society could have. Explain Blodget's four 'social ties' and how they related to 19th century American economy.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the 19th century, what massive economic changes took place that affected the mind and character of Americans? Include technology, transportation, and commerce in your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
In the final years of his life, Thomas Jefferson was in despair over the direction America was taking. What did he hate about the changing nation? What did he see as regression rather than progress? What future did he foresee?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)