Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
2. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
Essay Topic 1
How was James Guild's rise from humble origins to respectability typical of the American dream? What were the steps of his journey and how did they typify the hopes of other humbly born Americans?
Essay Topic 2
By the early 19th century, how were the productive classes, those people working in a useful occupation, looked upon? How was the definition of work changed from the beginning of the 18th century? What virtue did work now imply?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the monarchical power in England's government with its power in the colonial government before the revolution.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)