Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
2. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the 18th century, colonial society was only a pale reflection of British society. American patronage and hierarchies were unstable. Explain how some aspects of American society were striving to emulate their British counterparts while at the same time other powerful republican forces in society were attempting to change the very fabric of colonial America.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how family networks in the colonies were used in politics. Cite the details of one specific family from the book and give descriptions of the network that generally apply.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the life and leisure of the aristocracy to the life and labor of the common people in colonial America before the revolution.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)