|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much land did the British victory over France in 1759-1763 open for speculation or settlement?
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
3. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
4. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
5. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in literature following Britain's Glorious Revolution of 1688?
2. How had the definition of aristocracy in colonial America changed by the 18th century?
3. How did colonial imports of British goods change the twenty-five years before the Revolution?
4. What was the relationship of farmers and merchants in colonial America?
5. How did colonial inland trade change after 1745?
6. How was the term 'gentleman' redefined in the 16th century?
7. How was patriarchy within the colonial family unit challenged during the 18th century?
8. How was mid-18th century colonial America a traditional society?
9. What were the distinctions between colonial American aristocracy and British aristocracy?
10. How was family defined in colonial America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the republicanism of the English constitution make the English monarchy unique among the other European monarchies and hold both monarchical and republican values together in the English culture?
Essay Topic 2
What considerations and decisions by others and George Washington, himself, led to Washington's nomination to be President?
Essay Topic 3
How was James Guild's rise from humble origins to respectability typical of the American dream? What were the steps of his journey and how did they typify the hopes of other humbly born Americans?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)