|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
2. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
3. How much land did the British victory over France in 1759-1763 open for speculation or settlement?
4. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
5. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the thinking of many colonial American Protestants towards child rearing?
2. What did the British conquest of the French in 1759 and the subsequent peace in 1763 do to colonial expansion?
3. How was family defined in colonial America?
4. What did John Locke write about child rearing?
5. What was the golden age of Roman literature?
6. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
7. How did colonial inland trade change after 1745?
8. What was the relationship of farmers and merchants in colonial America?
9. What was the responsibility of the government under a monarchy?
10. Before the revolution, what did the aristocracy think of the common people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samuel Blodget taught that common economic interest was the best adhesive a society could have. Explain Blodget's four 'social ties' and how they related to 19th century American economy.
Essay Topic 2
What considerations and decisions by others and George Washington, himself, led to Washington's nomination to be President?
Essay Topic 3
The monarchy's social cement of family, force, patronage, and dependence had made it powerful. After the revolution, what new social adhesive in colonial America replaced the monarchy? How was this replacement accomplished?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)