|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
(b) . Republicanism.
2. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Lord Chesterfield.
(d) William Wollaston.
3. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
4. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men are amoral.
(b) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
(c) That men are disposed to do good.
(d) That men are disposed to do bad.
5. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
(a) James Monroe.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) James Madison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
2. When did the first American Congress meet?
3. What year was the Continental Congress?
4. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
5. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did early Americans' views of the government change after the Revolution?
2. How did the numerous bankruptcies and financial collapses of the 1790s contribute to the democratization of America?
3. In colonial America, how did the meaning of the word civility change in the last half of the 18th century?
4. By the end of the 18th century, what was the source of the American aristocracy's downfall?
5. After the signing of the Declaration of Independence, why did the revolutionary leaders almost immediately begin to doubt that their hope of a utopian America would be realized?
6. What was the Constitution of 1787 suppose to mitigate?
7. What was hoped to replace fear and favor in enlightened colonial American society? How would the replacement be manifested?
8. Why have historians criticized John Hancock?
9. What influence did George Washington exert at the Philadelphia Convention of 1787?
10. Why did American office holders from 1776 on urge their republican governments to not only pay salaries but to keep raising them?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)