|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a surrogate religion for colonial Americans suspicious of traditional Christianity?
(c) Civic organizations.
(d) The Quaker religion.
2. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Lord Chesterfield.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Thomas Paine.
4. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) George Warner.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
5. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) James Cheetham.
(b) Charles Carroll.
(c) George Mason.
(d) William Livingston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "All Christendom has been decomposed, broken in pieces" in this "fiery furnace of democracy"?
2. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
3. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
4. Who said, "the attracting force of universal love" existed in all people?
5. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)