|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Samuel Cooper.
(c) James Allen.
(d) Israel Williams.
2. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
(b) That men are disposed to do good.
(c) That men are amoral.
(d) That men are disposed to do bad.
3. What was the population of America in 1810?
(a) 7 million.
(b) 8 million.
(c) 6 million.
(d) 5 million.
4. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
5. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
(a) A present condition of American life.
(b) A utopian term or society's hope.
(c) A technical term of political theory.
(d) An impossible accomplishment to be dismissed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed that each individual was responsible for his or her eternal salvation or damnation?
2. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
3. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
4. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
5. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)