|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men are amoral.
(b) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
(c) That men are disposed to do good.
(d) That men are disposed to do bad.
2. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) William Henry Drayton.
3. What form of address came into general use in the late 18th century?
4. Who said, "the attracting force of universal love" existed in all people?
(a) George Cabot.
(b) William Sampson.
(c) Joel Barlow.
(d) William Channing.
5. By 1820, which territories had doubled the size of America?
(a) Alabama and Mississippi.
(b) Louisiana and Mississippi.
(c) Florida and Alabama.
(d) Florida and Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Americans begin to call for the boycotting of British goods?
2. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
3. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
4. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)