|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Love of country and home.
(b) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
(c) Hatred of politicians and the military.
(d) Love of power and money.
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Political parties.
(b) Fair laws.
(c) Honest officials.
(d) Money for good causes.
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Stable family life.
(b) Personal accountability.
(c) Social respectability.
(d) Freedom from debt.
5. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Educated men.
(b) Extraordinary men.
(c) Politically powerful men.
(d) Egotistical men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
2. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. How did Baltimore, Norfolk, and Alexandria benefit from increased colonial marketing?
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the thinking of many colonial American Protestants towards child rearing?
2. How did colonial inland trade change after 1745?
3. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
4. Give examples of the patronage Ben Franklin practiced when he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America.
5. What was the relationship of farmers and merchants in colonial America?
6. What did the British conquest of the French in 1759 and the subsequent peace in 1763 do to colonial expansion?
7. Before the revolution, what did the aristocracy think of the common people?
8. What happened in literature following Britain's Glorious Revolution of 1688?
9. How was republicanism defined at the time of the American Revolution?
10. What characterized colonial American tenantry?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)