|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Righteous with values and morals.
(b) Free men with rights and liberties.
(c) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(d) Patriots with abilties and drives.
2. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is commonplace.
(b) It is forbidden.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is encouraged.
3. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(b) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
(c) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(d) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
4. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
(a) It kept them industrious.
(b) It kept them satisfied.
(c) It kept them submissive.
(d) It kept them subjected.
5. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
(a) A lucky Tom.
(b) An industrious Samuel.
(c) A poor Richard.
(d) A wealthy William.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
2. What was the highest class of British society called?
3. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
4. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
5. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the distinctions between colonial American aristocracy and British aristocracy?
2. How did colonial inland trade change after 1745?
3. Why was the family household in colonial America the place where most work was done?
4. Give examples of the patronage Ben Franklin practiced when he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America.
5. How was republicanism defined at the time of the American Revolution?
6. How was family defined in colonial America?
7. How was mid-18th century colonial America a traditional society?
8. In small face-to-face colonial society, give two examples of how official and personal affairs combined.
9. What did John Locke write about child rearing?
10. What was the responsibility of the government under a monarchy?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)