|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
(a) Welcomed it.
(b) Didn't accept it.
(c) Asked for it.
(d) Ignored it.
2. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He lent it.
(d) He borrowed it.
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As fathers.
(b) As equals.
(c) As parents.
(d) As mothers.
4. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Thomas Hutchison.
(b) Henry Laurens.
(c) Daniel Moore.
(d) James Otis.
5. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
2. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
3. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
4. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
5. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did colonial imports of British goods change the twenty-five years before the Revolution?
2. How was family defined in colonial America?
3. Why could Anglo-American colonists never be good subjects to the crown?
4. What happened in literature following Britain's Glorious Revolution of 1688?
5. Why was traditional hierarchical authority brought to question throughout the 18th century?
6. What was the difference between morality under a republic rather than a monarchy?
7. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
8. How was patriarchy within the colonial family unit challenged during the 18th century?
9. In times of war, how were aristocratic soldiers treated differently than common soldiers?
10. How did Bernard Mandeville and David Hume feel about the common people buying luxuries?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)