|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Love of power and money.
(b) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
(c) Love of country and home.
(d) Hatred of politicians and the military.
2. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
(a) It's a necessary evil.
(b) It's a man-made contrivance.
(c) It should be obeyed.
(d) It should be abolished.
3. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Benjamin Robinson.
(b) Daniel Dulagy.
(c) Charles Wilson Peale.
(d) Edmund Pendleton.
4. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) Less subject to revolution.
(b) More subject to corruption.
(c) Less subject to corruption.
(d) More subject to revolution.
5. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
2. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
3. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
4. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in literature following Britain's Glorious Revolution of 1688?
2. How did wealthy commoners in the colonies try to gain status as gentlemen?
3. How was mid-18th century colonial America a traditional society?
4. What did the British conquest of the French in 1759 and the subsequent peace in 1763 do to colonial expansion?
5. Why did colonists so eagerly desire titles or distinctions?
6. How did colonial inland trade change after 1745?
7. How was the term 'gentleman' redefined in the 16th century?
8. What was the golden age of Roman literature?
9. What did John Locke write about child rearing?
10. What characterized colonial American tenantry?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)