|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a sacrifice and burden.
(b) As a profession and profit.
(c) As an honor and privilege.
(d) As a right and responsibility.
2. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(b) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(c) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(d) The upper class no longer felt superior.
3. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
4. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A legal education.
(b) A science education.
(c) A religious education.
(d) A liberal arts education.
5. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(a) A law suit.
(d) A death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Baltimore, Norfolk, and Alexandria benefit from increased colonial marketing?
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
3. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
4. When did the Seven Years War take place?
5. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the thinking of many colonial American Protestants towards child rearing?
2. How did colonial imports of British goods change the twenty-five years before the Revolution?
3. How was patriarchy within the colonial family unit challenged during the 18th century?
4. What was the difference between morality under a republic rather than a monarchy?
5. What was the golden age of Roman literature?
6. What did the British conquest of the French in 1759 and the subsequent peace in 1763 do to colonial expansion?
7. How did gentry families try to emulate English nobility?
8. How was individual governmental service defined under the monarchy?
9. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
10. How did religion in colonial America support the authority and order of the monarchy?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)