|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) The collapse of the government.
(b) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(c) The finances to run their office.
(d) There would be plots against them.
2. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
3. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(b) Other officials.
(c) The voters.
(d) The crown.
4. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They had great respect for it.
(b) They had no attachment to it.
(c) They wished it were abolished.
(d) They hoped it will continue.
5. What was another name for colonial commoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
2. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
4. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
5. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
Short Essay Questions
1. In small face-to-face colonial society, give two examples of how official and personal affairs combined.
2. What was characteristic of economic exchanges in colonial America?
3. On what precept was freemasonry organized?
4. What did individual independence mean to revolutionaries?
5. How was family defined in colonial America?
6. Why was the family household in colonial America the place where most work was done?
7. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
8. By the 1820s, what was the relationship of painters and middling American families?
9. How did the opinion of a traditional gentleman's assumption of leisure change towards the end of the 18th century?
10. How was liberalism measured during the Enlightenment?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)