|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
(b) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(c) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(d) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As children.
(b) As parents.
(c) As equals.
(d) As spouses.
3. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
(a) In a series of newspaper articles.
(b) In a book.
(c) In a series of lectures.
(d) In a diary.
4. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Henry Laurens.
(b) Daniel Moore.
(c) James Otis.
(d) Thomas Hutchison.
5. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
(a) Scottish merchant houses.
(b) Irish merchant houses.
(c) British merchant houses.
(d) Welsh merchant houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
2. When did the Seven Years War take place?
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
4. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
5. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was individual governmental service defined under the monarchy?
2. Before the revolution, what did the aristocracy think of the common people?
3. How did colonial inland trade change after 1745?
4. How did religion in colonial America support the authority and order of the monarchy?
5. What was the Constitution of 1787 suppose to mitigate?
6. What did individual independence mean to revolutionaries?
7. After the signing of the Declaration of Independence, why did the revolutionary leaders almost immediately begin to doubt that their hope of a utopian America would be realized?
8. According to John Toland, what is the difference between a man who is free and one who is dependent?
9. What was the difference between morality under a republic rather than a monarchy?
10. Why was traditional hierarchical authority brought to question throughout the 18th century?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)