|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(b) Debating the cause before equals.
(c) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(d) Going to court.
2. When did the Seven Years War take place?
3. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Religious and emotional decisions.
(b) Political and social ideals.
(c) Moral and ethical issues.
(d) Scientific and historic discoveries.
4. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Help the downtrodden.
(b) Build their economy.
(c) Resist tyranny.
(d) Fortify their defenses.
5. What was the highest class of British society called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
2. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
3. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
4. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did colonists so eagerly desire titles or distinctions?
2. Before the revolution, what did the aristocracy think of the common people?
3. What was the thinking of many colonial American Protestants towards child rearing?
4. How had the definition of aristocracy in colonial America changed by the 18th century?
5. How did gentry families try to emulate English nobility?
6. What was the responsibility of the government under a monarchy?
7. How was republicanism defined at the time of the American Revolution?
8. What was the golden age of Roman literature?
9. What did the British conquest of the French in 1759 and the subsequent peace in 1763 do to colonial expansion?
10. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)