|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(b) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
(c) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(d) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
3. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(c) A law suit.
(d) A death.
4. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(b) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(c) By marrying into a higher social rank.
(d) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
5. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
3. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
4. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
5. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
Short Essay Questions
1. In times of war, how were aristocratic soldiers treated differently than common soldiers?
2. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
3. What did John Locke write about child rearing?
4. How was mid-18th century colonial America a traditional society?
5. Why did colonists so eagerly desire titles or distinctions?
6. What were the distinctions between colonial American aristocracy and British aristocracy?
7. How was family defined in colonial America?
8. What did the British conquest of the French in 1759 and the subsequent peace in 1763 do to colonial expansion?
9. Before the revolution, what did the aristocracy think of the common people?
10. How did colonial imports of British goods change the twenty-five years before the Revolution?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)