|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Patriots with abilties and drives.
(b) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(c) Free men with rights and liberties.
(d) Righteous with values and morals.
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) A constitutional government.
(c) A standing army.
(d) Monarchial control.
3. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(b) Religious and emotional decisions.
(c) Moral and ethical issues.
(d) Political and social ideals.
4. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He borrowed it.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He lent it.
5. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(b) Retail trade.
(c) Use of oaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
2. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
3. How did Baltimore, Norfolk, and Alexandria benefit from increased colonial marketing?
4. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
5. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was mid-18th century colonial America a traditional society?
2. What characterized colonial American tenantry?
3. How did Bernard Mandeville and David Hume feel about the common people buying luxuries?
4. What was the difference between morality under a republic rather than a monarchy?
5. How did colonial imports of British goods change the twenty-five years before the Revolution?
6. What was the responsibility of the government under a monarchy?
7. What were the distinctions between colonial American aristocracy and British aristocracy?
8. How was the term 'gentleman' redefined in the 16th century?
9. Why was the family household in colonial America the place where most work was done?
10. Why was traditional hierarchical authority brought to question throughout the 18th century?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)