|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is encouraged.
(b) It is commonplace.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is forbidden.
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As equals.
(b) As mothers.
(c) As fathers.
(d) As parents.
3. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
(a) Recreational spending.
(b) Emulation spending.
(c) Foolish spending.
(d) Speculative spending.
4. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be indentured or go to school.
(b) Learn from a sibling.
(c) Be privately tutored.
(d) Learn from parents.
5. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
(d) Farm equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
2. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
4. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
5. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was patriarchy within the colonial family unit challenged during the 18th century?
2. In times of war, how were aristocratic soldiers treated differently than common soldiers?
3. Describe the different categories of merchants in colonial America.
4. How was family defined in colonial America?
5. How did gentry families try to emulate English nobility?
6. What was the golden age of Roman literature?
7. In colonial America, what was an entailed estate?
8. What was the relationship of farmers and merchants in colonial America?
9. How was individual governmental service defined under the monarchy?
10. How was mid-18th century colonial America a traditional society?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)