Short Answer Key
Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
2. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
Free men with rights and liberties.
3. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
He was a tenant.
4. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
He was the owner.
5. What was the highest class of British society called?
6. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
Centralized state supported churches.
7. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
They supplied manpower and resources to England.
8. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
They advocated honoring authority.
9. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
Individuals belong to a particular class.
10. How could a...
This section contains 2,474 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)