Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
(a) George Warner.
(b) Abraham Bishop
(c) Matthew Lyon.
(d) William Drayton.
2. What was the highest class of British society called?
3. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
(a) David Hume.
(b) James Iredell.
(c) Thomas Stone.
(d) John Jebb.
4. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more brutality and humiliation.
(b) With more kindness and compassion.
(c) With less free time and days off.
(d) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
5. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
(a) That common people wanted to participate in government.
(b) That common people were striving to become gentry.
(c) That their wealth was dependent on common people.
(d) That common people disrespected the gentry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called traditional ties of a monarchical society "bonds of blood, family, and personal influence"?
2. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
3. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
4. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
5. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)