Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the revolutionaries mean when they said they supported equality?
(a) They supported equality of opportunity.
(b) They supported equal income.
(c) They supported equal distribution of wealth.
(d) They supported equal education.
2. What was the highest class of British society called?
3. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
(a) That common people disrespected the gentry.
(b) That common people wanted to participate in government.
(c) That common people were striving to become gentry.
(d) That their wealth was dependent on common people.
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They took away their possessions.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They used corporal punishment.
5. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
(a) James Allen.
(b) Robert Munsford.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Jeremy Belknap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
3. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
4. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
5. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)