Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
(a) Welsh merchant houses.
(b) British merchant houses.
(c) Scottish merchant houses.
(d) Irish merchant houses.
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He lent it.
(d) He was the owner.
3. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
(a) Puritan Petitions.
(b) Religious Revolution.
(c) Great Awakening.
(d) Church's Decision.
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(b) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(c) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(d) The upper class no longer felt superior.
5. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
(a) Common people became land owners.
(b) There wasn't enough land.
(c) Land prices went up.
(d) Land was controlled by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
2. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
3. Who was the head of a colonial household?
4. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
5. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)