|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Social respectability.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Personal accountability.
2. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Free men with rights and liberties.
(b) Righteous with values and morals.
(c) Patriots with abilties and drives.
(d) Fortunate with possessions and families.
3. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a profession and profit.
(b) As an honor and privilege.
(c) As a sacrifice and burden.
(d) As a right and responsibility.
4. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(b) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(c) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(d) By marrying into a higher social rank.
5. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Edmund Pendleton.
(b) Daniel Dulagy.
(c) Benjamin Robinson.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
5. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)