|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With less free time and days off.
(b) With more brutality and humiliation.
(c) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(d) With more kindness and compassion.
2. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They took them to court.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They used corporal punishment.
(d) They took away their possessions.
4. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
(a) Independent congregation supported churches.
(b) Denominationally supported churches.
(c) Centralized state supported churches.
(d) Organizational and society supported churches.
5. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(b) Going to court.
(d) Debating the cause before equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
2. What was another name for colonial commoners?
3. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
4. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)