|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men are disposed to do bad.
(b) That men are disposed to do good.
(c) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
(d) That men are amoral.
2. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
3. When did Americans begin to call for the boycotting of British goods?
(a) When the Patriotic Society was formed.
(b) When artisans in Philadelphia won four city offices.
(c) When Mechanics Hall became a meeting place.
(d) When the Stamp Act was issued.
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
(a) Robert Munsford.
(b) Jeremy Belknap.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) Samuel Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
2. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
3. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
4. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
5. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)