|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As mothers.
(b) As fathers.
(c) As parents.
(d) As equals.
3. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were independent.
(b) They were dependent.
(c) They were possessions.
(d) They were non-people.
5. When did the Seven Years War take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
3. How was high office in colonial America considered?
4. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
5. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)