1. To study purity and pollution, what does Douglas believe one must understand?
2. Which of the following are a part of primitive views, according to Douglas?
3. Which of the following relationships is unclear to Douglas?
Science and magic.
4. What do Greek studies of purity and impurity involve?
5. What does the union between God and people involve in Douglas' view?
6. According to Douglas, who had contempt for primitive society through preconceived judgments?
7. Who criticized Frazer for being complacent?
8. What did Durkheim view ritual as symbolic of?
9. Who separated magic from morals and religion?
Robertson and Durkheim.
This section contains 3,290 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)