|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To maintain universal order, what does Douglas believe must occur?
(a) Individuals must learn to bless each other.
(b) Groups must learn to cooperate.
(c) Individuals must maintain proper bathing rituals.
(d) Individuals must adhere to their class.
2. What does Douglas think a system needs to be successful?
(d) Formal power structure.
3. What types of nationalities are deemed to represent power and invite discrimination, according to Douglas?
(a) Those with knowledge and skills.
(b) Those with complete purity.
(c) Those with unexplained advantages.
(d) Those with faith.
4. What pollution does the Bushong king practice as a part of sacrifice?
(b) Not bathing for two weeks.
(d) Eating meat.
5. What does the Oyo Yoruba tribe distinguish between?
(a) Dirt and cleanliness.
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Left and right hand.
(d) Left and right eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example is given to describe why a sorcerer would move animals to the human sphere?
2. Who determines what pollution is and how it enters in the caste society Douglas describes?
3. In the Hebrew religion, what could only be touched through sacrifice?
4. What is the overall goal of the lowest caste?
5. What type of rules fail to deter authority in the Bemba culture?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)