|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only types of ideas that Douglas believes should be adopted?
2. In Douglas' view, what does a lack of blessing create?
3. What type of collaboration does Douglas believe must be maintained to assure social life is preserved?
(a) Sexual collaboration.
(b) Social collaboration.
(c) Polluted collaboration.
(d) Marginal lines collaboration.
4. What do success-based beliefs lack, according to the reading?
(d) Hereditary powers.
5. What can be derived from the ritual frame that Douglas describes?
Short Answer Questions
1. For rituals to be effective, what does Douglas believe they require?
2. Whose life is put at risk when a wife commits adultery in the Nuer society described?
3. What do moral offenses truly depend on, according to Douglas?
4. Which of the following do Douglas' assumptions not allow for?
5. What example of a people is given to demonstration insulation from wrong practices, according to Douglas?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)