|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Orthodox Brahmins marry off their daughters?
(a) Before birth.
(b) After puberty.
(c) After they begin menstruating.
(d) Before puberty.
2. For Douglas, what does winning require?
3. According to Douglas, what did primitive cultures see as a creative power?
4. Which of the following is one of Douglas' marginal states?
(b) Criminal activities.
(c) A fetus.
5. In which type of world view does Douglas believe the world is seen as subjective and personal?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Douglas, rituals help to focus through what?
2. Why do men and women avoid sex in Lele culture before important events?
3. If a woman is endangered in child labor, who is condemned in Nuer culture?
4. What does Douglas state embraces harmony, order, and meaning?
5. To create order, what does Douglas believe one must acknowledge?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)