|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of nationalities are deemed to represent power and invite discrimination, according to Douglas?
(a) Those with unexplained advantages.
(b) Those with complete purity.
(c) Those with faith.
(d) Those with knowledge and skills.
2. According to Frazer, what did the primitive people fail to incorporate in religion?
(b) A deity.
3. What does Douglas claim that pollution annihilates?
4. What does the union between God and people involve in Douglas' view?
5. What do boundaries represent to Douglas?
Short Answer Questions
1. When comparing culture, what does Douglas believe should be analyzed through the nature of historical process?
2. In some tribes, what are examples of formlessness?
3. Which of the following is one of Douglas' marginal states?
4. What are Douglas' rules of pollution concerned with?
5. Which of the following does not contribute to social control as described by Douglas?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)