|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who criticized Frazer for being complacent?
2. Douglas states that which of the following has been excused by dreams?
(a) Food indigestion.
(b) Drug indigestion.
(c) Eating something polluted.
(d) Being unpure.
3. What do anomalies represent?
4. Who determines what pollution is and how it enters in the caste society Douglas describes?
(b) Clergy members.
(c) The highest caste.
(d) The lowest caste.
5. What does Douglas believe has inspired the distinction between primitive and non-primitive cultures?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 1, what do contemporary practices divide?
2. Which of the following does Douglas believe rituals can alter by restating?
3. What does Douglas describe as morality's intent to ensure?
4. What does holiness imply, according to Douglas?
5. Why do cultures avoid pollution, according to Purity and Danger?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)