|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does holiness imply, according to Douglas?
2. Which of the following does not contribute to social control as described by Douglas?
(a) Monetary incentives.
(d) Social awareness.
3. In some tribes, what are examples of formlessness?
(b) Unborn babies.
(c) Elderly members above the age of 65.
(d) Children under the age of 5.
4. Which act does Douglas claim led to the recovery of an entire village?
(a) Liver removal.
(b) Tooth removal.
(c) Emotional attachment.
(d) Appendix removal.
5. To study purity and pollution, what does Douglas believe one must understand?
(a) Hygiene concepts.
(b) Reproductive health.
(c) Religious concepts.
(d) Jewish concepts.
Short Answer Questions
1. To maintain universal order, what does Douglas believe must occur?
2. Which of the following is not a social control that Douglas lists?
3. How do people with wills and intelligence respond, according to Douglas?
4. What did Vann Gennep associate danger with?
5. Symbolic rituals involving religious purity have been concerned with ideas of what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)