|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people with wills and intelligence respond, according to Douglas?
2. When comparing culture, what does Douglas believe should be analyzed through the nature of historical process?
(a) Rationale and logic.
(b) Alignment and purity.
(c) Unity and variety.
(d) Pollution and society.
3. Douglas states that pollution only involves situations that have which kind of structures?
(a) Clearly insulated.
(b) Clearly defiant.
(d) Clearly defined.
4. What type of consequences does Douglas state cannot be reversed?
5. What are Douglas' rules of pollution concerned with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas describe purification allows for avoiding?
2. Which of the following relationships is unclear to Douglas?
3. If a husband's life is threatened, who is to blame in Nuer beliefs?
4. Which of the following describes Douglas' pre-Copernican classification?
5. For the Maoris, what does menstrual blood represent?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)