|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example of a people is given to demonstration insulation from wrong practices, according to Douglas?
2. Which of the following is not involved in categorizing?
3. To study purity and pollution, what does Douglas believe one must understand?
(a) Reproductive health.
(b) Religious concepts.
(c) Jewish concepts.
(d) Hygiene concepts.
4. Which of the following is not involved in the patterns Douglas suggests?
(a) Identifying pure and impure.
(b) Stable worlds.
(d) Fitting within certain parameters.
5. Primitive ideas of which item have various symbolic meanings, due to Douglas' claims?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Malinowski study?
2. What does Douglas believe that laws and rules involving food and eating were made to deal with?
3. What does Douglas say in Chapter 2 is necessary for recovery?
4. What do anomalies represent?
5. Which of the following would not be appropriate for an earth animal, according to the classification?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)