|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Douglas believe can disrupt schematizing?
2. How can ideas of contagion be understood, according to Douglas' beliefs?
(a) By studying Durkeim's views.
(b) By studying Jewish religion.
(c) By studying the place of humans in the universe.
(d) By studying philosophy.
3. Douglas states that which group of people regard external forms as empty?
4. What did Durkheim view ritual as symbolic of?
(c) Social processes.
5. Whose beliefs did Durkheim adopt when it came to definitions of primitive religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are a part of primitive views, according to Douglas?
2. Primitive ideas of which item have various symbolic meanings, due to Douglas' claims?
3. To maintain universal order, what does Douglas believe must occur?
4. Which of the following transmits disease and has a toxic influence, according to Douglas?
5. Who separated magic from morals and religion?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)